KSTP: Video One-On-One With Gophers Basketball Coach Richard Pitino

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per KSTP:

Among the topics Chris and Coach Pitino discussed: new recruits, the likelihood of a contract extention, other schools coveting his services, the professional prospects for some recently-graduated Gophers as well as their Big Ten opponents, and the recent new addition to Pitino's family.

http://kstp.com/sports/stories/S3463181.shtml

Go Gophers!!

Pitino is fun because he enjoys telling his and his team's story. You get the feeling he enjoys the PR part of the job, which is fairly rare in the profession.

Pitino is fun because he enjoys telling his and his team's story. You get the feeling he enjoys the PR part of the job, which is fairly rare in the profession.

It's fun now. Wait til he's an old and grizzled 35 year old.

No need to watch the whole video, just fast-forward to the last 11 seconds. Rich just flaunting his lettuce.

Interesting that the footage of the NIT title game showed a graphic saying Minnesota hadn't won a NIT championship since 1993. Apparently ESPN hasn't "vacated" the 1993 NIT title like the NCAA has. Perhaps ESPN realizes most people don't gives a rat's behind about a scandal that happened 20 years ago?

Interesting that the footage of the NIT title game showed a graphic saying Minnesota hadn't won a NIT championship since 1993. Apparently ESPN hasn't "vacated" the 1993 NIT title like the NCAA has. Perhaps ESPN realizes most people don't gives a rat's behind about a scandal that happened 20 years ago?

Are you talking about the scandal that is miniscule compared to what is/has gone on at UNC?

Then what about the 98 NIT title? I thought the sanctions covered from 93-94 season to 98-99, but I agree just because a piece of paper said they didn't happen, doesn't make it so. I was at the Alamo Dome in 97 I saw it with my own eyes lol

My mistake. I forgot about the Gophers' 1998 NIT title. Forget what I said about ESPN!

Yeah, our '93 title still stands. ESPN doesn't recognize vacated stuff.

Can I subtract these vacated years from my age.:confused:

Can I subtract these vacated years from my age.:confused:

Did you cheat during them????

I cheated throughout high-school, wonder if I can forget about those years...

I'll remember this when my wife wants to do something extravagant for our 10 year anniversary...
"Honey, we've only really been married for 8 years, those 2 years while I was traveling for business half the time.... they don't count, because.... you know.... that young hot secretary... yeah......"

Top Bottom