PP; Gophers basketball: Richard Pitino excited about practice court renovations

There's a mistake ("to" should be "for") in the very first sentence of the story. Let's conduct a congressional investigation on Marcus' writing skills.

There's a mistake ("to" should be "for") in the very first sentence of the story. Let's conduct a congressional investigation on Marcus' writing skills.

As one suggest call him a blogger on twitter!~
___
He’s not only excited about getting to coach his newcomers but also the program’s new practice court.

The Bierman Athletic complex basketball court is currently being renovated to include a new playing surface, rims and graphics on the surrounding walls to make it as close to a new practice facility as possible
___
fa·cil·i·ty

1. space or equipment necessary for doing something.

Not sure why they are so scared to call it what it is... a practice facility. Perhaps a sh}tty one and not what we need in the long term, but it's a GD practice facility.

Pition "I told him we had to renovate Bierman as if it was a practice facility."

fa·cil·i·ty: 1. space or equipment necessary for doing something.

___
I would have added this to my post above, but it wouldn't let me edit it.

As one suggest call him a blogger on twitter!~
___

who suggested that?

Back on topic....

Love Pitino's lemonade out of lemons attitude. I hope what he is saying is true and that this isn't a smokescreen for the fact that we cannot conjure up the funding for the big plan.... I hope Norwood didn't say "yeah.... about that practice facility, it's gonna be a while... Here's a raise and a renovation to tide ya over, these Minnesotans are real penny pinchers!"

Not sure why they are so scared to call it what it is... a practice facility. Perhaps a sh}tty one and not what we need in the long term, but it's a GD practice facility.

Pition "I told him we had to renovate Bierman as if it was a practice facility."

fa·cil·i·ty: 1. space or equipment necessary for doing something.

___
I would have added this to my post above, but it wouldn't let me edit it.

Because it's literally just a court. No one considers that a practice facility because of what modern day practice facilities typically include, which is more than just a court. I'm guessing they think it's important for people to know that distinction when they're going to them asking for money.

Because it's literally just a court. No one considers that a practice facility

Oh, you mean it a facility for practice... I get it now!

fa·cil·i·ty: 1. space or equipment necessary for doing something - In all seriousness, it's equipment necessary for practice, not recruiting... though it is a practice facility, it is not the answer.

It's actually a decent little set up.
Weight and fitness center overlooks the court,
The wall that has been out up has humongous windows overlooking the court,
They have study rooms with computers,
And the coaching staffs offices are easily accessible in the same building.

They have put some dough into the building, I'm excited too.

I think it makes it a lot more conducive so kids don't have to travel from building to building for workouts, coaching staff, wieghts, and studying. I actually like this place as a temporary facility until the new one comes along.

Locker room is not half bad either.

I'm just saying, I'm sure it's much easier to just say "we have a court, and we need a facility", versus saying, "we have a crappy facility, we need a better one".

Using the literal definition, yes, they have a facility they can use for practice. But at this point the term "Practice Facility" has almost become more marketing than anything. When you use that term, it means more than just a facility to practice, it means the whole deal, with courts, training centers, offices, etc.

But for the time being, it's actually good for what they need.

I imagine the locker rooms largely date from the 1994 renovation.

I actually like this place as a temporary facility until the new one comes along.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh. Now all these millionaire GH posters won't donate as much!

I think it makes it a lot more conducive so kids don't have to travel from building to building for workouts, coaching staff, wieghts, and studying. I actually like this place as a temporary facility until the new one comes along.

Refreshing to see him take a practical perspective on things in the world of big time college sports, proactive, taking advantage of what he has, while hoping for more. Just didn't make sense when I heard statements like no place to practice when the barn was booked in the past, takes initiative but facilities did exist.

fa·cil·i·ty: 1. space or equipment necessary for doing something - In all seriousness, it's equipment necessary for practice, not recruiting... though it is a practice facility, it is not the answer.

By that logic haven't we always had a practice facility? Heck I have a hoop in my driveway; I'll let the team come shoot around. Then they can have 2 practice facilities!

Your attempt at being DPdoll is weak at best.

Nope because Tubby wouldn't use it and it wasn't the basketball teams exclusively until Pitino made it happen.

So you're say the team had no space or equipment necessary for practicing basketball? And they literally never practiced?

Wasn't trying to be anybody... and what I said was true. Spin it how you want #1 jacka$s on GH.

I'm honored.

You know what you were doing and you know exactly what the difference is between calling it a practice court or a facility.

You can disagree with the wording all you want but to post the dictionary definition in a thread in reply to two different posts is annoying and you know it. I took it as a weak attempt at being someone who is far better at being the detail stickler than you are. Don't have to get upset with me and spill it over into other threads and call names.

I'm honored.

You know what you were doing and you know exactly what the difference is between calling it a practice court or a facility.

You can disagree with the wording all you want but to post the dictionary definition in a thread in reply to two different posts is annoying and you know it. I took it as a weak attempt at being someone who is far better at being the detail stickler than you are. Don't have to get upset with me and spill it over into other threads and call names.

Relax, Winasota! HOOP DREAMS just got a shiny new dictionary and wanted to take it out for a spin, that's all! (I hope I didn't open myself up for one of his relentless, brutal attacks. Not sure I could withstand his mighty wrath.)

Very glad to hear that. Do you know if the players have 24/7 access? Does the women's team use this court as well or is it exclusively for the men's team?

With Pitino, Teague, and Nanne leading the charge I have to think the new facility will get off the ground shortly.

I hope I didn't open myself up for one of his relentless, brutal attacks. Not sure I could withstand his mighty wrath

Ha, you really got me gogo. Funny guy.

Have no idea what you are talking about, relentless, brutal attaks? You must have the wrong fella.

So you're say the team had no space or equipment necessary for practicing basketball? And they literally never practiced?

No need to be a clown.

You know they did not have a gym (no spcae or equipment necessary) for practing basketball when the barn was occupied by other teams and events.

Now they do, which is a big impreovement until we get the 'Practice Facility' built!

Back in my day, we were fortunate to have a tennis court to shovel snow off of, so we could continue practice somewhere when we couldn't sneak into the school gym.

Things have changed.

Back in my day, we were fortunate to have a tennis court to shovel snow off of, so we could continue practice somewhere when we couldn't sneak into the school gym.

Things have changed.

It's still like that if you suck!! I've spent plenty of time driving around in the winters looking for a gym to sneak into.

No need to be a clown.

You know they did not have a gym (no spcae or equipment necessary) for practing basketball when the barn was occupied by other teams and events.

Now they do, which is a big impreovement until we get the 'Practice Facility' built!

Not trying to be a clown, just using the literal definition of 'facility' that you're so fond of ;)

Sorry, I'm just razzing you. I think you're a good poster.

Things have changed.

My school used the tennis courts for a hockey rink. The hockey team made the state tournament. The basketball team sucked.

My school used the tennis courts for a hockey rink. The hockey team made the state tournament. The basketball team sucked.

Proof positive that a practice facility is paramount to success.

Top Bottom