Flip Saunders is the Head Coach of the Timberwolves! The U has two former players...

Flip is where he belongs. Glad he's back in the NBA and not on the Gophers sideline.

There's a reason nobody ever complains about the Wolves taking away attention from the Gophers like they do about the Vikings.

There's a reason nobody ever complains about the Wolves taking away attention from the Gophers like they do about the Vikings.

How in the hell did Glen Taylor become so rich? Separate worlds but just in the last couple of years alone he hired David Kahn; he went along with a deal that has alienated his best player AND lets him get out of here early; and now Flip is coach after Glen tells him he doesn't want that when he hired him. And, all sorts of Wolves are in line for jobs as assistants. Because this franchise has had so much success, you certainly want to tap that.

How in the hell did Glen Taylor become so rich? Separate worlds but just in the last couple of years alone he hired David Kahn; he went along with a deal that has alienated his best player AND lets him get out of here early; and now Flip is coach after Glen tells him he doesn't want that when he hired him. And, all sorts of Wolves are in line for jobs as assistants. Because this franchise has had so much success, you certainly want to tap that.

Good question.

If this means Freddy is ready to come coach the pups after one more season/run at ISU this is good news or else this sucks IMO.

I wonder if Rick Pitino thought at all about coaching the pups? It would have been great to have both Pitino's coaching in the same town.

Do we have more former players coaching in the NBA than playing in the NBA right now?

Congrats to Flip, bring us that damn title.

Do we have more former players coaching in the NBA than playing in the NBA right now?

Huge Yawn. Been there done that, what a buzz kill for the wolves. If this isn't a precursor for Freddy, then the future is dim.

Actually it means the U now has one more than Moorhead State.

Actually it means the U now has one more than Moorhead State.

I thought of that too, 19. If the Big time is so much greater than Little time, one would think the ratio would be more than 2 to 1. :cool02:

I don't follow the NBA very closely, but did the Vanilla Gorilla Joel Pryzbilla play this past season? Wikipedia doesn't have any 2013-2014 stats for him. He's the only non-Humphries Gopher I can think of that would be in the NBA.

I don't follow the NBA very closely, but did the Vanilla Gorilla Joel Pryzbilla play this past season? Wikipedia doesn't have any 2013-2014 stats for him. He's the only non-Humphries Gopher I can think of that would be in the NBA.

The Hump was at Clash of the Classes tonight.

Mixed feelings on this. On one had, Flip has been an okay head coach. Not as good as Adelman, but pretty good.

On the other hand, pretty clear absolutely nobody else wants this job. And why would they? The Wolves are the poster child example of incompetence from top to bottom.

Top Bottom