Timberwolves invite former Gopher Austin Hollins to draft workout

GopherLady

Reaction score

Wish him the best. Great kid.

STrib: Austin Hollins soaked up the experience with the Timberwolves, but remains realistic

Austin Hollins was relaxing at home in Germantown, Tenn., spending some rare down time with his family when he got the call.

He needed to come back to Minneapolis, his agent told him. The Minnesota Timberwolves had invited the four-year Gophers guard to a workout for potential draft picks in two days.

His agent, Teddy Archer had been making the obligatory calls around the league but until that point, Hollins, whose name isn't found on any of the major mock drafts, hadn't heard from any NBA team since graduating earlier this month.

"I was a little shocked," said Hollins, who worked out at Target Center on Thursday afternoon along with Louisville forward Chane Behanan, Mercer guard Langston Hall, Oregon forward Mike Moser, Massachussetts guard Chaz Williams and Bosnian forward Adin Vrabac. "I wasn't expecting it to come right then, but I was excited because it's blessing to have some teams interested in you even though I wasn't talked about highly just to get the opportunity to go in there and try to show what I can do."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/261262851.html

Go Gophers!!

Austin started to show some shooting range out to NBA distance this year. He shows decent athleticism. He's not the quickest, but the dude knows how to defend. His big downside was inconsistency. With development, I could still see him finding a niche in the Association.

I didn't see Austin on a Summer League roster and Rodney Williams wasn't listed on the 76ers roster either. Any idea why those guys aren't playing on a team?

I didn't see Austin on a Summer League roster and Rodney Williams wasn't listed on the 76ers roster either. Any idea why those guys aren't playing on a team?

Sharp lack of NBA potential...

Doesn't mean Austin wasn't a great Gopher and I wasn't happy to have him play here. I was very happy with his play. Just has a lot of work if he wants a chance in the NBA.

True, but Summer League teams also don't have a lot of NBA players.

Sharp lack of NBA potential...

Doesn't mean Austin wasn't a great Gopher and I wasn't happy to have him play here. I was very happy with his play. Just has a lot of work if he wants a chance in the NBA.

Top Bottom