Howard Pulley Pro-Am Replacements?

jmag21

Reaction score
Now that some of the new Gophers are trickling into town this summer, has anybody heard any rumblings of potential replacements for the pro-am? I'm assuming there have to be some options out there, even if not as well organized as Pulley.

If not, look for some interesting pick-up games at the Y.

"I'll take the tall, slender lad from Mali."

I can't remember exactly where I read it, but I think Coach Pitino mentioned in an interview that he wasn't concerned with no Pulley league this year. He thought that the players would be able to get some good pick-up games in with local guys that come back to MN in the summer such as Cole Aldrich, Kris Humphries, etc. I think he said Cole had already asked him about pick-up games.

The Pro-Am league nor any other summer league has filed the paper work to get the Gophers or other D1 kids into their league. I'm told it's a complete pain and nobody wants to do it.

Pulley will still have a league through the ABA which will have 7 teams of pro players and local ex-pros and college players plus the Howard Pulley EYBL team as well. Just won't have the D1 college kids as the paper work and other work that goes into it isn't something that anybody has shown they want to go through.

That's a shame. I have no interest in going without the gophers there. But that's how it goes. Nothing gold can stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a shame. I have no interest in going without the gophers there. But that's how it goes. Nothing gold can stay.

I tend to agree. The only good news is that I won't have to drive over to Eagan hoping/expecting to see Gophers play and then be disappointed when they don't show up.

Top Bottom