Minnesota @ Michigan

Decker score to make it 3-1 Minnesota.

Looks like Decker is having a great game. Hopefully he can keep playing like this, not that he has been playing poorly this year, but if he is hot and on base more, that adds a great dimension to our offense

And, I do not know if it has been talked about enough about how well AJ Pettersen has played this year. He has had some huge hits tonight and all year. He has played great defense to top it off. Exciting player. I coached against him when he was in high school and you just saw how talented and how much he loved playing. I had heard he was going to Holy Cross, but changed his mind when the U finally decided to recruit him. He was so small that I dont think they saw him hitting at this level, but the more you watched him, the more you knew he was going to be a player no matter what. And then he gets to school, puts on some weight during his red shirt year, and look at him now.

Gophers break the game open. 8-1 Gophers now.

Big Win

I know Michigan has struggled this year but they are 26-20 overall and a win at Michigan with Fetter pitching is nothing to sniff at. A win today would be huge with Buske going tommorrow!

Michigan coming back 8-4. Hopefully, the bullpen can close things out!

gophers now lead 8-5 going into the top of the 9th

they brought matyas in to get out of the 8th after rasmussen had loaded the bases with one out.

Gophers get a run in the 9th. 9-5 now.

Damn, Looks like Illinois scored 3 in the bottom of the 9th to win, 5-4. I thought the Gophers were gonna take the Big 10 lead.

gophers pick up run and now lead 9-5 going into bottom of 9th

unfortunately, as boogeyman noted the punks from ill-annoy scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th against ohio state for the 5-4 comeback win. booo! nice work buck f-cks!

Way to go gophers! Hope our luck holds the next two days!

need more out of our 4-6 hitters... tonight our 4-6 (kvasnicka, knudson, oshea) went a combines 0-14 with 6 k's. It's good to get the victory though.

At the top of the 9th, MN leads 10-5. Hope we close this one out!

Gophers take game 2 12-5. Let's complete the sweep tomorrow! Let's also hope the Illini go down so we can take the Big Ten lead!

Nice to see the bats coming around as we wind down the regular season. Certainly, our pitching has been reliable for the most part, but if the offense can continue to swing good bats, it will take some of the heat off as we head into the Big Ten Tournament and then the NCAAs.

33-13 overall and 15-4 looks really good right now, but would LOVE to see another sweep tomorrow afternoon!!!:D:D

Well, Ohio State beat Illinois 10-7, so that puts the Gophers into first place (at least for the time being!!!!:D)

Gotta keep rolling tomorrow.....

Anybody else think that those 2 losses to UNI are going to come back to bite us later when the selection committee selects seed and/or regional sites?

Well, those losses are not going to help, but I really do not think it is going to hurt us that bad. In reality we are going to get a #2 seed, unless something drastic happens, such as losing the next 4 and then then losing our 1st Big 10 tourney game. But f we did win those 2 games, I still do not think that we are going to get a 1 seed. With that said, if the Gophers win out for their regular season games, and then claims the Big 10 tourney, I think their would be a shot to get a 1 seed, or maybe even a host, but that is somewhat unlkely scenario as well. But I cannot wait to see how it all plays out, the squad is playing great right now.

that it Michigan beat Minnesota 9-4.

Gophers take 2 out of 3.

Top Bottom