Q&A: Freshman PG Jack Sorenson Was Guest of Gophers, Hearing from U and Creighton

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Freshman PG Jack Sorenson Was Guest of Gophers, Hearing from U and Creighton
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/389559?referrer_id=331171

Jack Sorenson, a 5-foot-11 freshman point guard from Lakeville (MN) South, is considered one of the state's top players from the Class of 2017.

Sorenson is averaged 20.7 points, 2.9 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game and is shooting 42.3% from the field, 39.6% from three-point range and 84.4% from the charity stripe for the Cougars. He scored more than 20 points eleven times and had a 40 point effort versus Burnsville and a school record 44 against Hopkins in the second game of the season.

Gopher Hole caught up with Sorenson to learn the latest on his recruitment and visit to Minnesota for the Illinois game.

Gopher Hole: You attended the Gopher game versus Illinois. What was that experience like?

Jack Sorenson: It was cool. I got to sit like front row and got to sit with (DeLaSalle freshman and Minnesota D1 teammate) Goanar Mar, my AAU coach and my dad and Tyler Johnson was there. He is an AAU teammate, so it was cool. It was really cool.

Gopher Hole: Was that the first Gopher game that you have had a chance to go to?

Jack Sorenson: Yes, with those type of seats, but I have been to games over the years.

Gopher Hole: I know that it is early with you only being a freshman, but what schools are you starting to hear from?

Jack Sorenson: Just them a little bit and Creighton a little bit. That is about it. Not much, I was hurt last AAU season. Bad shoulder surgery.

Gopher Hole: Are you 100% though, you would say?

Jack Sorenson: Pretty good. I just can't throw from over my shoulder, but that is about it. I'm good.

Gopher Hole: What things have you been really working on to continue to improve yourself as a player?

Jack Sorenson: I have just got to get stronger, quicker. Just keep working on my skills.

Gopher Hole: You come from a basketball family. I got to know your brother, Brett, (who played at Lakeville South and Aubsburg) and have heard your name ever since you were a fourth grader. Has basketball always been in your blood?

Jack Sorenson: Yes. I grew up watching his games and he was on good teams always, so I went to every game and sat on the bench during the games. I always had a ball in my hands.

Gopher Hole: I think when you were in fourth grade you played up at the AAU level right?

Jack Sorenson: We had a good team, too and we played up. I played up one grade every year until sixth grade when I played eighth grade.

Gopher Hole: You didn't get to play AAU last summer, due to the injury. I'm sure that you are hoping to get seen by more schools this year. What are you hoping to gain from this upcoming AAU season?

Jack Sorenson: Just get better and win games. Get recognition, hopefully and schools will look at me a little bit.

Top Bottom