Walk ons?

EG#9

Reaction score
So I noticed that Kendal Shell graduated the other day and I would imagine he wouldn't be coming back next year, even though he has another year of eligibility. Jasen Baranowski didn't make it through the season as the other walk-on for unknown reasons. I know last year their was a belief that a kid was transferring in to be a walk-on here (from Auburn if remember correctly), but that didn't happen. If I am correct in my assumption that Shell is moving on, I would assume we'd hear something about the staff bringing in a player (or two) to help out in practice and maybe eventually contribute in a defined role on the floor at some point.

As of a month ago Kendall was still working out with the team and the staff plans to have him walk on this year while he attends graduate school at the U.
It was my understanding that he was on scholarship last year because we had an open one.

I'd think we'd hear about kendall moving on guessing he's back. I like Kendall, but I'd like to see our walkons be in state guys, it seems like NSIC and the MIAC are some of the tougher D2 and D3 leagues in the country, you'd think you could find a decent couple players from those teams that would love to walk on for the gophers. I don't care where our scholarship guys are from, but I feel like we should be able to find good enough walkons in house. Although I won't complain about anyone wanting to be a gopher

I'd think we'd hear about kendall moving on guessing he's back. I like Kendall, but I'd like to see our walkons be in state guys, it seems like NSIC and the MIAC are some of the tougher D2 and D3 leagues in the country, you'd think you could find a decent couple players from those teams that would love to walk on for the gophers. I don't care where our scholarship guys are from, but I feel like we should be able to find good enough walkons in house. Although I won't complain about anyone wanting to be a gopher
Are you sure about your last statement? The rest of your post basically says walk-ons should be from MN.
I really don't care were our players are from at this point. When we start winning, local kids will want to play here.

Are you sure about your last statement? The rest of your post basically says walk-ons should be from MN.
I really don't care were our players are from at this point. When we start winning, local kids will want to play here.

Yes I'm sure because I wrote it lol, I prefer walkons be from here, if that clears things up. Won't complain if a guy wants to be here.

Top Bottom