Alabama State (SWAC) -- #254 RPI
Appalachian State (Sun Belt) -- #335 RPI
Central Arkansas (Southland) -- #328 RPI
Florida A&M (MEAC) -- #295 RPI
Houston Baptist (Southland) -- #341 RPI
Lamar (Southland) -- #344 RPI
Milwaukee (Horizon) -- #131 RPI
San Jose State (Mountain West) -- #278 RPI

Including programs (Abilene Christian, Incarnate Word) still in the process of reclassifying to Division I, the 13-team Southland Conference now only has 8 teams eligible for its conference tournament.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-to-miss-2015-postseason-due-to-apr-penalties

Just about what I expected with most of them being small southern schools.

They did. Milwaukee is a decent program, probably the most likely of the bunch to be impacted by this. They're also 123 spots higher in RPI than any other school.

I admit I don't know how this is calculated, but how does Kentucky avoid issues with the APR with all of their 1-and-done's. Is there a special place in the formula that takes points from Cleveland State and gives them to Kentucky?

They did. Milwaukee is a decent program, probably the most likely of the bunch to be impacted by this. They're also 123 spots higher in RPI than any other school.

Gracias that's what I was thinking. Do you know if they graduated their studs or do they still have a few in the program? Possible that some could transfer with this news?00

Gracias that's what I was thinking. Do you know if they graduated their studs or do they still have a few in the program? Possible that some could transfer with this news?00

That I don't know - I know enough to know they've been decent, but I don't follow any team other than the Gophers to know how their roster shakes out, nor do I know the transfer rules for teams impacted by low APR scores.

I admit I don't know how this is calculated, but how does Kentucky avoid issues with the APR with all of their 1-and-done's. Is there a special place in the formula that takes points from Cleveland State and gives them to Kentucky?

That's a good point, I would think they would have some APR issues. Isn't it a sort of tiered system where if you're on track, but leave the program, it doesn't hit you as hard (IIRC, you get one out of two points)? Also, I'm not sure how it is impacted if you leave college basketball entirely, or if there could be some exception if they continue their education after leaving the program? Either way, it seems a bit odd, but Calipari seems to be great at manipulating any system to his advantage.

That's a good point, I would think they would have some APR issues. Isn't it a sort of tiered system where if you're on track, but leave the program, it doesn't hit you as hard (IIRC, you get one out of two points)? Also, I'm not sure how it is impacted if you leave college basketball entirely, or if there could be some exception if they continue their education after leaving the program? Either way, it seems a bit odd, but Calipari seems to be great at manipulating any system to his advantage.

It's a composite of all the players on the basketball team correct? Which is why a lot of very good programs go for "smart" walk-ons rather than walk-ons that may be better at basketball, to hike their APR up.

It's a composite of all the players on the basketball team correct? Which is why a lot of very good programs go for "smart" walk-ons rather than walk-ons that may be better at basketball, to hike their APR up.

Walk-ons don't factor in the calculation. Only players who recieve scholarship money for athletics.

If a player is in good academic standing when he or she leaves, I believe it does not hurt the APR.

howeda7

http://www.ukathletics.com/genrel/051414aaa.html

LEXINGTON, Ky. ...
The men’s golf, men’s tennis and women’s cross country teams led the way with perfect 1,000 scores, followed by women’s golf (993), women’s indoor track and field (991), women’s outdoor track and field (991), volleyball (990), men’s basketball (989) and rifle (989)

Top Bottom