Way Too Early Prediction of 2015/2016 Starting Lineup

howieramone

Reaction score
PG Mason/Top 2015 recruit
SG Lofton/Top 2015 recruit
SF Top 2015 recruit/Morris
PF Alex I./King
C Martin/Konate

I'm guessing Martin is too good a rebounder to sit. I see him playing larger, not smaller. Alex I. is probably our #1 target, but I see us bringing in two highly regarded wings. I'm hoping our 2015 recruiting class puts us on the map.

Are you predicting Gaston doesn't qualify, transfers, or spontaneously combusts?

ETA: Same with Buggs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

POLLYANNA!!!!!

Not much of a prediction when you pick 2 guys for each position and one guy is unnamed for 3 positions....

PG Mason/Top 2015 recruit
SG Lofton/Top 2015 recruit
SF Top 2015 recruit/Morris
PF Alex I./King
C Martin/Konate

I'm guessing Martin is too good a rebounder to sit. I see him playing larger, not smaller. Alex I. is probably our #1 target, but I see us bringing in two highly regarded wings. I'm hoping our 2015 recruiting class puts us on the map.

A senior Morris backing up a freshman SF? Unless that guy is a Top 30 type recruit or something, it's not happening...

PG Mason/A PG not name Jarvis
SG Trier/Mcneil
SF Lofton/Morris/Anim
PF Martin/King/Illikainen
C Manyang/Konate/Diedihou

Based on the guys we know we will have:

Starters:
Mason 6-0
Lofton 6-4
Morris 6-5
Martin 6-8 (average value input here :))
Bakary 6-10

Lineup has nice size and athleticism....

G: Siyani Chambers (graduates early from Harvard, uses postgraduate rule)
G: Nathaniel Mason
W: Rashad Vaughn (transfers from UNLV, handler says Rashad's dog is ill so NCAA grants immediate eligibility)
F: Josh Martin
F: Reid Travis (decides he wants to transfer to a real school, AJ Barker's mom's best friend is sick, so NCAA grants immediate eligibility)

Guessing he will be an off the bench guy. McNeil and Morris will start or transfer/elite recruit will take the job.

I am hearing from folks who know local buckets that think Lofton will be better than Andre Hollins- that's not my opinion, just what I hear. That's how high the expectations are from some. Remember, Pitino took a pretty big gamble to get this kid in a lot of ways. Committed a scholly that could have been used this year, plus gambled on personal issues. I just don't think you do that for a projected sub.

I am hearing from folks who know local buckets that think Lofton will be better than Andre Hollins- that's not my opinion, just what I hear. That's how high the expectations are from some. Remember, Pitino took a pretty big gamble to get this kid in a lot of ways. Committed a scholly that could have been used this year, plus gambled on personal issues. I just don't think you do that for a projected sub.

I remember hearing the same about Kevin Payton and Devron Bostick. There's just no way of knowing until it plays out in the next couple/few seasons. Still think Gophers badly need another wing for 2014-15, if there's a decent one out there.

I am hearing from folks who know local buckets that think Lofton will be better than Andre Hollins- that's not my opinion, just what I hear

I give that little chance. As a sophomore Lofton jacked up a ton of shots in a WEAK conference and averted 11 ppg. How did Andre do as a sophomore in the B1G?

I'm expecting 22mpg and 10ppg as Jr. for Mr. Lofton. That would be reasonable and solid production on the offensive end.

W: Rashad Vaughn (transfers from UNLV, handler says Rashad's dog is ill so NCAA grants immediate eligibility)
F: Reid Travis (decides he wants to transfer to a real school, AJ Barker's mom's best friend is sick, so NCAA grants immediate eligibility)

Pretty much agree except I think the wing will be Wally Ellenson. Wally, after meeting Moe Hargrow, decides to transfer back. Pitino agrees to it with the stipulation Mom and Dad are NOT allowed to cross the St. Croix River from October to March.

I remember hearing the same about Kevin Payton and Devron Bostick. There's just no way of knowing until it plays out in the next couple/few seasons. Still think Gophers badly need another wing for 2014-15, if there's a decent one out there.

I still think Bostick could have been decent to good under a different coach, style of play. Tubby was not a good choice for Bo.

Payton! Cringed every time he shot a three. Sure could wave a towel and clunk one of the front iron though.

I like the way you're thinking.

I am hearing from folks who know local buckets that think Lofton will be better than Andre Hollins- that's not my opinion, just what I hear.

Have you been talking with Jigga?

If Lofton is better than Andre Hollins, I will vote Republican in every local, state, and federal election for the rest of my life.

Obviously, Tyus foregoes his rookie year in the NBA, deciding he needs to learn the ins and outs of the game from an expert, and signs on as an assistant coach for Pitino and this squad

Have you been talking with Jigga?

If Lofton is better than Andre Hollins, I will vote Republican in every local, state, and federal election for the rest of my life.

I really like Hollins and I wouldn't bet on the idea that Lofton is better (in fact I was shocked to hear it)- I'm just relaying what I heard from a couple of people that claim to know. Pretty sure neither are GHer's. I do think that Pitino has to be pretty sold on him to do what he did- unless we find that Lofton's scholly doesn't start until 15-16 year. That's just logic.

Mods- can we save DPs post in case Lofton goes all Big Ten or something? I am going to take him at his word on the voting thing.... :)

Well put sir,
idk how well Hollins will turn out, he was mr. basketball TN so we shall see.
But I def think Ross and Zach are studs and will be missed
I'm not upset about tubby not grabbing every MN kid, but I have a problem with MN sports having its head up its butt and missing out on kids they have in their own back yard.
I hope Hollins and Joe have great careers and I wish the same for Ross, Zach, and all the other local talent.
Time will tell, zach will have his chance in 2012.

Came across this looking at Jigga's early posts in reply to SoMpls

WTF? Eliason, who has yet to step on the floor in a game, is a bust? You are a great basketball mind.

I guess SoMpls was a great basketball mind.

If you think Eliason is a bust, you may as well hold up a giant flashing sign saying "I HAVE NO CLUE".

I've got one... I'll be on Nicollet Mall & 7th with it from 5-6pm.

You used the word bust, he just implied that Lofton would be a better gopher selection.

I've got one... I'll be on Nicollet Mall & 7th with it from 5-6pm.

You used the word bust, he just implied that Lofton would be a better gopher selection.

Wait, I'm confused. Are you SoMPLS? How did he and dp's response to him get dragged into this conversation?

What? No, the word "bust" was used in reference to Eliason from the post that you quoted. Try to keep up.

I don't think anyone has a problem with Tubby getting the best players he can get, form MN or not. But when you get players like Ahamnasi, Elliason, Armelin, etc.. why you pass on MN players who are as good or better I think that's when it becomes a problem.

WTF? Eliason, who has yet to step on the floor in a game, is a bust? You are a great basketball mind.

I'd say SoMpls was onto something... Lofton will be/is better than those three.

Are you predicting Gaston doesn't qualify, transfers, or spontaneously combusts?

ETA: Same with Buggs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

In the next 18 months or so, I don't believe Gaston will break into the two-deeps and I don't think Buggs will remain a Gopher.

I actually believe Diedhiou will play a ton of minutes next year and Konate will RS. It's going to be fun watching how this all plays out!

I have tears from laughing

Count me in that camp

PG Mason (SO)/Johnson (FR)
SG Lofton (JR)/Walton (FR)/Wilson (FR)
SF Morris (SR)/Mcneil (JR)
PF Illikainen (FR)/King (SR)/Buggs (JR)/Diedhiou (SO)
C Martin (SO)/Konate (SO)

line ups

I like the quick linup with martin at the 5, but I would hope we would have another body at sf, as playing a 6-3 guy there major minutes is not ideal (McNeil).

PG Mason (SO)/Johnson (FR)
SG Lofton (JR)/Walton (FR)/Wilson (FR)
SF Morris (SR)/Mcneil (JR)
PF Illikainen (FR)/King (SR)/Buggs (JR)/Diedhiou (SO)
C Martin (SO)/Konate (SO)

Top Bottom