Houston Baptist the 1st to get 2014-15 postseason ban because of APR

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
I always love the quotes from the school officials and/or the head coach. Paraphrasing, it's always something along the lines of:

"The guys in our program now are going to class, it's the meatheads here before them that didn't graduate that caused all our problems."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...banned-from-2015-postseason-for-low-apr-score

Let's hope HBU is not on the Gophers' 2014-15 schedule. The Gophers had one such ineligible opponent (New Orleans) on their 2013-14 schedule. Scheduling-wise, there's nothing worse than playing a crappy opponent that's not even eligible to qualify for the NCAA tourney.

I perfectly understand taking on academic risks in order to try to win more. But if you're going to do that, shouldn't you, ya know...win?

I perfectly understand taking on academic risks in order to try to win more. But if you're going to do that, shouldn't you, ya know...win?

Exactly. If your favorite school is going to admit a bunch of dumb-dumbs that have no business being on a college campus, those kids better be able to play. ... and play well.

Houston Baptist is actually the second team to get a postseason ban. Milwaukee was the first.

Houston Baptist is actually the second team to get a postseason ban. Milwaukee was the first.

Oops.

Forgot about them. Probably not how a program wants to follow up a surprising bid to the NCAA tourney. I forgot about San Jose State, as well. Let me know if you hear of others.

From what I can gather, schools not eligible for the 2015 NCAA tourney either for APR shortcomings or transitioning-to-DI purposes are:

1. UMass-Lowell (America East)
2. Northern Kentucky? (Atlantic Sun)
3. Milwaukee (Horizon)
4. San Jose State (Mountain West)
5. Abilene Christian (Southland)
6. Houston Baptist (Southland)
7. Incarnate Word (Southland)
8. Omaha (Summit)
9. Grand Canyon (WAC)

Oops.

Forgot about them. Probably not how a program wants to follow up a surprising bid to the NCAA tourney. I forgot about San Jose State, as well. Let me know if you hear of others.

From what I can gather, schools not eligible for the 2015 NCAA tourney either for APR shortcomings or transitioning-to-DI purposes are:

1. UMass-Lowell (America East)
2. Northern Kentucky? (Atlantic Sun)
3. Milwaukee (Horizon)
4. San Jose State (Mountain West)
5. Abilene Christian (Southland)
6. Houston Baptist (Southland)
7. Incarnate Word (Southland)
8. Omaha (Summit)
9. Grand Canyon (WAC)

It looks like the Southland Bible thumping conference is looking for some tinyarch guidance. Would tiny be a good Conference Commissioner for them???

Oregon allows players to play after being investigated for rape, but we will hammer those cheating bastards at Houston Baptist.

Oregon allows players to play after being investigated for rape, but we will hammer those cheating bastards at Houston Baptist.

Right. Cleveland State paid for Kentucky's sins.

Top Bottom