Kaler: Teague & I haven't discussed extension or raise for Pitino "early for that"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Kaler: Teague & I haven't discussed extension or raise for Pitino "early for that"

per a Q&A in the Daily:

Have there been any preliminary discussions regarding a potential raise or contract extension for Richard Pitino after a successful first season at the helm?

Norwood [Teague] and I discuss the coaches at the end of each season. We’re certainly very pleased with Richard’s performance — a very strong first year — but we haven’t discussed a raise or a contract extension. It’s a little early for that.

http://www.mndaily.com/news/campus/2014/05/06/kaler-talks-riots-pitino-adjunct-unions

Go Gophers!!

Come on Woody, at least tell us 'the lawyers' are discussing it. It's probably best to wait until next year now, and then make it a big raise/extension to help fend off the next round of vultures.

I say let the powers do what they got to do. We don't even know if the contract allows an immediate raise. Maybe, just maybe, I am overanalyzing this. Of course, overanalyzing is not something GopherHolers ever do.

I say let the powers do what they got to do. We don't even know if the contract allows an immediate raise. Maybe, just maybe, I am overanalyzing this. Of course, overanalyzing is not something GopherHolers ever do.

So outside of this forum do all of your conversations revolve around talking about not talking about things? This is all an act, correct?

I'm not sure if any GH contributor has similar synaptic links to a common house fly before their first cup-a-Joe! Even with coffee, a hog or Badger have fewer synaptic links than a fruit fly.

per a Q&A in the Daily:

Have there been any preliminary discussions regarding a potential raise or contract extension for Richard Pitino after a successful first season at the helm?

Norwood [Teague] and I discuss the coaches at the end of each season. We’re certainly very pleased with Richard’s performance — a very strong first year — but we haven’t discussed a raise or a contract extension. It’s a little early for that.

http://www.mndaily.com/news/campus/2014/05/06/kaler-talks-riots-pitino-adjunct-unions

Go Gophers!!

Why don't we hold off on a raise until we make the tourney or at least recruit some top players?

After deep run in B1G tourny and Sweet Sixteen appearance is a very good time. You know, like next year. :)

Doesn't matter to me either way, but another reason not to believe anything you read from coaches/administrators/school presidents.

Or Richard was really impressive the last three weeks.

Or Shama's source is wrong.

Just found it interesting.

Or

Doesn't matter to me either way, but another reason not to believe anything you read from coaches/administrators/school presidents.

Or Richard was really impressive the last three weeks.

Or Shama's source is wrong.

Just found it interesting.

Billy Donovan entertaining NBA offers and refusing to say he'll be back at Florida might encourage a U of M boss to pay attention and be pro-active?

Billy Donovan entertaining NBA offers and refusing to say he'll be back at Florida might encourage a U of M boss to pay attention and be pro-active?

Interesting angle and I'll give him a ton of credit if that was the case, although if Florida comes calling.....

I'm still assuming Kaler knew it was in the works but wasn't ready to announce it.

Insecure much? This kind of thinking is part of what's wrong with collegiate sports.

College coaches leaving major conference schools for other major conference schools is not common in basketball. At least not in these days. Pitino isn't going to care about an extra million nearly as much as he is going to want to know that he is going to have the resources he needs.

Get him a facility and I feel pretty confident that he'll be here for a while.

College coaches leaving major conference schools for other major conference schools is not common in basketball. At least not in these days. Pitino isn't going to care about an extra million nearly as much as he is going to want to know that he is going to have the resources he needs.

Most likely, yes. But really, it's not like Minnesota loses coaches left and right or something. Not many leave here voluntarily for other jobs, usually they get fired lol.

Most likely, yes. But really, it's not like Minnesota loses coaches left and right or something. Not many leave here voluntarily for other jobs, usually they get fired lol.

Also true.

It's not a slam dunk he would leave, but if he would Florida is the most likely spot, IMO. He admires Billy D. almost as much as his father, and wouldn't have the same shadow or expectations as he would at Louisville. It would be very hard to turn down. That said, I fully expect Donovan to be there for another 15 years.

Not many leave here voluntarily for other jobs, usually they get fired lol.

It bears repeating for those who are unduly worried about this sort of thing. The last Gophers men's basketball coach to leave voluntarily for another position was Bill Musselman in 1975. Even in his case, he probably left at least partially to avoid being fired for rules violations.

Top Bottom