Frank Kaminsky says the NBA looks "flat out" boring

Even Wisconsin basketball is exciting compared to the NBA. Glad to finally hear a player voice that instead of the incessant droning of "it's always been my dream to play in the NBA."

Even Wisconsin basketball is exciting compared to the NBA.

I thought someone might say that!

Indeed, it is refreshing to hear that chasing the almighty $$$ at the first opportunity isn't the be-all and end-all for every talented college basketball player. There is something to be said for the college experience, even for guys that know someday they'll make good coin playing a professional sport.

Still, not a really smart thing to verbalize. After all, he WILL be eligible to be drafted next year, so why give NBA execs reason to doubt your commitment to the professional game? It's flat-out boring? OK, we'll use our draft pick and dollars on somebody who really wants to play.

Still, not a really smart thing to verbalize. After all, he WILL be eligible to be drafted next year, so why give NBA execs reason to doubt your commitment to the professional game? It's flat-out boring? OK, we'll use our draft pick and dollars on somebody who really wants to play.

I highly doubt this ESPN interview and his sentiments will have any impact on his draft status. I'm quite sure the <insert sh1tty NBA teamname here> would agree with him that playing in any of the B1G arenas on a night a top 10 ranked Wisconsin visits is more exciting than playing the <insert sh1tty NBA teamname here>

He might have hurt his draft stock with some of his comments in that article. "... 7-foot white kid with average athleticism." His own words. I also get the sense he doesn't think he'll be successful at the next level since he pretty much pegs himself for the D-League, says he currently at the "pinnacle of his career" and thinks the prospect of competing the best in the world would be "boring."

Agreed probably should've kept this to himself, scouts already know what kaminsky can do, by returning scouts can further dissect his game and nit pick his weaknesses. With that said I love that he said this about the NBA since this is how I feel about it.

I highly doubt this ESPN interview and his sentiments will have any impact on his draft status. I'm quite sure the <insert sh1tty NBA teamname here> would agree with him that playing in any of the B1G arenas on a night a top 10 ranked Wisconsin visits is more exciting than playing the <insert sh1tty NBA teamname here>

The boring comment and the others I highlighted in my post above will most definitely be a topic of conversation when he interviews with teams. He could have talked about his decision and excitement for next season without throwing himself under the bus.

Agree that he's probably better off not verbalizing that. But if Kaminsky proves to NBA execs he can play in the NBA, those same execs that have no problem employing/working with wife-beaters (Jason Kidd), racists (Donald Sterling), etc., should have no problem drafting a guy simply because he hinted their league could be a little boring. If he can play and help their team win games, that's pretty much all they're gonna' care about.

Can you blame Frank for wanting to return for another run at the BT and potentially another Final Four? Not me.

I agree that the NBA is boring. What Frank needs to realize is that a lot of jobs can be boring.

Agree that he's probably better off not verbalizing that. But if Kaminsky proves to NBA execs he can play in the NBA, those same execs that have no problem employing/working with wife-beaters (Jason Kidd), racists (Donald Sterling), etc., should have no problem drafting a guy simply because he hinted their league could be a little boring. If he can play and help their team, that's pretty much all they're gonna' care about.

Fwiw it seems he was saying it would be boring to play in front of a half empty arena more than he was saying the style of play is boring. In context, he seems to be commenting on the exiting fan support. Not play.

If I am an NBA exec, I take it out of this that Kaminsky is motivated by competition and not money. I would see that as a positive.

He might have hurt his draft stock with some of his comments in that article. "... 7-foot white kid with average athleticism." His own words. I also get the sense he doesn't think he'll be successful at the next level since he pretty much pegs himself for the D-League, says he currently at the "pinnacle of his career" and thinks the prospect of competing the best in the world would be "boring."

I think it was more self-deprecating humor than a thoughtful analysis of his skill set and talent level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a bigger NBA fan than college, I wouldn't agree the style of play is boring. I would agree with Kaminsky that the atmosphere is boring when compared to college. I'd bet most NBA execs feel the same way too.

Personally don't see anything wrong with what he said. Also agree it was an attempt at humor at the end about being 7 foot, average athleticism, etc.

Fwiw it seems he was saying it would be boring to play in front of a half empty arena more than he was saying the style of play is boring. In context, he seems to be commenting on the exiting fan support. Not play.

Point taken.

The NBA is boring. The interview won't hurt his draft stock. Some of you guys are going over the top.

Here's another question: are the groupies better and more accessible for a 7-foot tall white guy with average athleticism and slightly crossed eyes in college or in the NBA? Discuss.

Here's another question: are the groupies better and more accessible for a 7-foot tall white guy with average athleticism and slightly crossed eyes in college or in the NBA? Discuss.

Gotta' go with the NBA. Just like the jump from college to the pros for the players, the gold-diggers from college to the pros go up several notches & get much more attractive, and with many more purchased & paid for body parts.

Gotta' go with the NBA. Just like the jump from college to the pros for the players, the gold-diggers from college to the pros go up several notches & get much more attractive, and with many more purchased & paid for body parts.

Lol +1

For my money, I'll take the college coeds and the fact that I'm broke so they cant steal anything from me over the fake glamour girls that chase NBA stars. Even better would be the first couple years in the NBA where you can pull a college coed who doesn't know how to steal your money.... Thats call perfect.

Gotta say I appreciate Kaminsky's opinion on the NBA since I feel almost exactly the same way. Forget sleep aides; an NBA regular season game is about as good as it gets when it comes to curing insomnia.

Regular season, yeah. When you have 82 games to play, there's no humanly way possible to have each of them be intense. But I'd guess that 20-30 of the games are pretty hyped atmosphere (good teams playing each other, rivals, etc.), which is close to the college game really. Except in college, there's not another 50+ to account for. Let's not act like the Barn is rocking for a non-conference game against Montana.

These NBA playoffs have been amazing though, great games all over the place, and good team ball as well. Great atmospheres at the games. Toronto had thousands OUTSIDE of the arena.

Regular season, yeah. When you have 82 games to play, there's no humanly way possible to have each of them be intense. But I'd guess that 20-30 of the games are pretty hyped atmosphere (good teams playing each other, rivals, etc.), which is close to the college game really. Except in college, there's not another 50+ to account for. Let's not act like the Barn is rocking for a non-conference game against Montana. These NBA playoffs have been amazing though, great games all over the place, and good team ball as well. Great atmospheres at the games. Toronto had thousands OUTSIDE of the arena.

Will chime in to say that the NBA regular season is not exiting. But I watch enough to know that even a boring nba game displays so much more skill than a top notch college game. College atmoshpere is impossible to match. That's why we love the Gophers.

Re nba playoffs. They have been AMAZING. If your a fan of basketball. You need to be watching.

Regular NBA season is boring but the playoffs aren't too bad. Fun to see a hockey city like Toronto go bananas over hoops!

As some others have already mentioned, this quote is getting taken out of context. Kaminsky was saying that the idea of playing in empty arenas (which several teams in the league have problems with) would be boring when compared to the college atmosphere where every game is nearly sold out and more intense. This has nothing to do with his desire to play in the NBA someday but rather just the fact that he would like to play in college and enjoy the atmosphere while he can.

Smart kid! He is already trying to slip to team that drafts late in the 1st round, meaning contender. He'd fit right in with the Spurs or alongside King James.

For my money, I'll take the college coeds and the fact that I'm broke so they cant steal anything from me over the fake glamour girls that chase NBA stars. Even better would be the first couple years in the NBA where you can pull a college coed who doesn't know how to steal your money.... Thats call perfect.

Almost. The name of the game is getting a baby in the belly. That's the golden ticket for at least 18 years. She'll get the money once he graduates, so it doesn't matter.

Moral of the story, use your own condom. Don't use hers, she could have poked holes in it. If you don't want to use them, there's always the Bill Clinton/Newt Gingrich method or the forbidden hole.

Almost. The name of the game is getting a baby in the belly. That's the golden ticket for at least 18 years. She'll get the money once he graduates, so it doesn't matter.

Moral of the story, use your own condom. Don't use hers, she could have poked holes in it. If you don't want to use them, there's always the Bill Clinton/Newt Gingrich method or the forbidden hole.

Nba regular season is long, so its harder to be into it for every game esp as a fan when your team is playing the likes of the bucks and what not. But when the big boys play each other its anything but boring, both teams go all out. Just watch the playoffs this year, they are incredible. Okc and mrmpgis have played 4 straight ot games. There is a possibility that all lower seeded teams win in the western conference. Even your most casual sports fan can appreciate playoff basketball

Sent from my LIFE PLAY using Tapatalk

Put it to you like this there's an app for certain clubs that lets ladies know when an NBA or any pro athlete comes to their club

Top Bottom