Which 2014 Gophers hoops recruit will have the biggest contribution in 2014-15?

• Josh Martin

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Nate Mason

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Carlos Morris

Votes: 34 63.0%
  • Bakary Konate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gaston Diedhiou

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Morris. Just based on our need to have him replace Austin, and the fact that he's a juco, so he should be more ready than the freshmen.

I think Martin and Mason have the potential to be special by the time they leave here, will be a process, but that's have the fun for me, watching these guys develop over four years, Morris I expect him to be a solid two year starter not expecting the next Vincent Grier. Konate and Gaston intrigue me.

It really was a tie between morris and martin. Martin because we don't really have anyone like him.. Should be tough on the glass, physical defensive player, some swagger, plays above the rim.. Morris because of his defense, ball handling, all around good player, will log the minutes of the new guys coming in.

It really was a tie between morris and martin. Martin because we don't really have anyone like him.. Should be tough on the glass, physical defensive player, some swagger, plays above the rim.. Morris because of his defense, ball handling, all around good player, will log the minutes of the new guys coming in.

+1

Morris will have the largest leash, so I'll go with him.

I think Josh Martin is a close second, and the rest will probably not see a ton of impactful minutes this year.

I voted Morris, simply because I really don't know.

I really hope it's Morris because we need his position and we shouldn't add a JUCO if he isn't ready to contribute right away. That being said, I hope Morris is an immediate impact player and that someone else on the list is even better as that would be huge!

Next wing we sign?? We already have our scholarships filled, are you dead set on a transfer out happening?

I don't believe Coach P. will go into next season with only Dre, McNeil, and Morris as wings.

I don't believe Coach P. will go into next season with only Dre, McNeil, and Morris as wings.

I am still not 100% convinced that Lofton's scholarship for 2014-15 is iron clad. I keep wondering if they made a deal with him that he gets it for the year if they have the room but has to pay if they don't.

My view is that if they need another guy for the coming season (such as Justin Martin) a deal like this with Lofton is a whole lot cleaner than booting a good attitude guy like Buggs or any other player for that matter.

I am still not 100% convinced that Lofton's scholarship for 2014-15 is iron clad. I keep wondering if they made a deal with him that he gets it for the year if they have the room but has to pay if they don't.

+1

I agree. Espically with his recent activity going after '14 SF Allen. That means Buggs would be out or like the above poster mentioned Lofton would have to walk-on for one year (I like the latter).

You think so? He could very well be the best player of our recruits, but given who we have at the 1 and 2, he'd be at best my 3rd pick for having the biggest impact next season.

Agree he will play a lot of minutes though since he is the only backup point guard so he could still see a lt of minutes

I think mason surprises people and becomes our third best guard

Top Bottom