Which 2014 Gophers hoops recruit are you most excited for?

• Josh Martin

Votes: 71 65.1%
  • Nate Mason

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Carlos Morris

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Zach Lofton

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Gaston Diedhiou

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Bakary Konate

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I think when its all said and done Nate Mason is going to be the best player of this bunch. He's not flashy, or loud, won't lead in scoring or anything like that. I just see him as a Justin Cobbs esque player from the way his game looks on highlight films and then watching his boxscores. He contributed in HS when needed to, and looks to have the athleticism to be a stable PG for this squad.

Gotta be Martin. Already looks the part, and has some skills to go with the size and strength. He's also a player type we currently don't have.

I think we need Morris to be the best of the bunch next season, but my long range excitement is for Josh Martin.

Gaston is better then Martin at the 4, gotta be Diedhou. Morris also will have a bigger impact then martin or any other recruit in next years team and Konate has a higher ceiling then Martin or any other player.

Gaston is better then Martin at the 4, gotta be Diedhou. Morris also will have a bigger impact then martin or any other recruit in next years team and Konate has a higher ceiling then Martin or any other player.

Sounds like you're not a fan of Josh Martin.

Josh Martin... I think we will have a great 4 year career. Can't wait to see this kid play!

Sounds like you're not a fan of Josh Martin.

just annoying that 20 people(at the moment) voted for Martin while the next highest guy got 3 votes. No way is he that much better then the other guys if at all. He isn't the Jeff Jones of our class. All of our guys are pretty equal in talent and should be getting about 20% of the vote. I could make a case for all 6 of them to be voted
Nate mason: Most productive EYBL player and way better then Martin in that circuit
Konate: The highest ceiling out of anybody, at least from what we hear
Morris: biggest immediate impact on next years team, 4 star on scout
Lofton: most proved player at the highest level of competition with his 11ppg at Illinois State
Diedhou: 6-9, 240, 7-3 wingspan maybe the most athletic guy in this class
and then we all know about Martin but one guy in this class shouldn't 65% of the votes

just annoying that 20 people(at the moment) voted for Martin while the next highest guy got 3 votes. No way is he that much better then the other guys if at all. He isn't the Jeff Jones of our class. All of our guys are pretty equal in talent and should be getting about 20% of the vote. I could make a case for all 6 of them to be voted
Nate mason: Most productive EYBL player and way better then Martin in that circuit
Lofton: most proved player at the highest level of competition with his 11ppg at Illinois State
and then we all know about Martin but one guy in this class shouldn't 65% of the votes

I voted for Martin after reading this, just out of spite. Cheers!

How in the world do you know any of this? Ha.

The question was simple. Which recruit excites you the most? For most GHers, it appears to be Josh Martin. Not sure why this upsets you!

I voted Martin, but I really can't wait for Morris' first big game and you can probably guess why. ;)

The question was simple. Which recruit excites you the most? For most GHers, it appears to be Josh Martin. Not sure why this upsets you!

because he isn't that much better then the other guys to warrant such a wide margin in the vote.

Since there is so much lean towards Josh Martin maybe there should be a "Who are you second most excited for?" Poll.

because he isn't that much better then the other guys to warrant such a wide margin in the vote.

You are to Josh Martin what Howieanna is to Carlos Morris.

Who cares who you think is the best or most deserving of the label "best 2014 recruit." They are all being brought in for the same reason, to win games. All of these recruits bring their own strengths and weaknesses and we are going to need them all to be successful. There's no point in ripping a kid because too many Gopher fans are excited to see him suit up.

Why get so angry about the results of a vote? If I say I'm more excited to see "A Hundred Ways to Die in the West" than I am to see "Citizen Kane", it doesn't necessarily mean I think it's a better movie. It just means I'm more excited to see "A Hundred Ways to Die in the West." Which I am.

You are to Josh Martin what Howieanna is to Carlos Morris.

Who cares who you think is the best or most deserving of the label "best 2014 recruit." They are all being brought in for the same reason, to win games. All of these recruits bring their own strengths and weaknesses and we are going to need them all to be successful. There's no point in ripping a kid because too many Gopher fans are excited to see him suit up.

i am very excited about having Martin and i believe that he will contribute. Its more a lack of respect for the other guys that i am annoyed about as i don't see how you guys can be so much more excited about Martin then some of the other guys.

This is a poll on who YOU (were) most excited for. I never read the poll as the BEST player. Lighten up Francis.

Martin and Bakary are the two I am most excited to see. Don't know if they will offer the most, but in the small clips I have seen, both seem to have some tools we were missing last season.

If I had to vote for the recruit I'm second most excited for (behind Martin), it would probably be Nate Mason! He tore it up in the EYBL and I'm convinced he can be a big time scorer eventually.

If I had to vote for the recruit I'm second most excited for (behind Martin), it would probably be Nate Mason! He tore it up in the EYBL and I'm convinced he can be a big time scorer eventually.

+1 though the mysteriousness of Diedhiou and Konate also has me intrigued.

I agree I think the excitement is curved because we have two starting guards in the back court, where as with Martin he could start at some point next year. I do think when it's all said and done Mason and Martin will both be dynamic players

I think part of the excitement for Martin is how active he's been on Twitter in supporting the Gophers and helping recruit players. If Mason was the one doing all that, I bet the results would look a little different. Martin's attitude has him as an early fan favorite and there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm a nickname guy myself, so I voted for The Hulk. But Mouse Morris is very close behind. Hard to get excited about guys whose names I can't pronounce until Mike Grimm schools me a few times. The Hulk and The Mouse. Could be a TV detective duo.

I'm a nickname guy myself, so I voted for The Hulk. But Mouse Morris is very close behind. Hard to get excited about guys whose names I can't pronounce until Mike Grimm schools me a few times. The Hulk and The Mouse. Could be a TV detective duo.

Isn't Morris supposed to be Squirrel? Or did that change?

This junk is hard to keep up with.

i am very excited about having Martin and i believe that he will contribute. Its more a lack of respect for the other guys that i am annoyed about as i don't see how you guys can be so much more excited about Martin then some of the other guys.

The poll results aren't an average of the excitement level for each recruit. You can only vote for 1 person. If there was a poll that said who is the tallest and the choices were Hibbert, Brook Lopez, and DeAndre Jordan, would you be mad if all the votes came in for Hibbert when he's not really that much taller than the other guys?

Just for fun...and to lighten this thread up a bit...I went with the kid who had the best name. In that case I went with Gaston Diedhiou mainly because you can read his name as a question. "Gaston died how?" :eek:

Top Bottom