2014 ESPN Class Rankings (7 Big Ten in top 40)

I really don't see much of a difference between our class and Northwestern's

getting 5 players and not being in top 7 in big is a disappointing class unless your recruits are really under rated

calm down

getting 5 players and not being in top 7 in big is a disappointing class unless your recruits are really under rated

The ratings are from April 9th. At that time we had three players. One of those three is a junior college transfer and
many services don't include them in the rankings. Most all teams ranked in the top 30 had four or five recruits. On that basis and at that time by comparison, we had two.

We'll be just fine.

This class will not be highly touted, but I really, really like it. I think we have some guys who were underrated and have developed a chip on their shoulder (Martin, Morris, and Mason) and some other guys who could be diamonds in the rough (Diedhiou and Konate). And Lofton at the very least should be a bench scorer for us down the road.

The ratings are from April 9th. At that time we had three players. One of those three is a junior college transfer and
many services don't include them in the rankings. Most all teams ranked in the top 30 had four or five recruits. On that basis and at that time by comparison, we had two.

We'll be just fine.

If I'm not mistaken, 247sports as of 4-18, still had us at 65 with 5 recruits excluding Lofton. Like SS posted, we still need a wing/scorer. Then we will be just fine.

This class will not be highly touted, but I really, really like it. I think we have some guys who were underrated and have developed a chip on their shoulder (Martin, Morris, and Mason) and some other guys who could be diamonds in the rough (Diedhiou and Konate). And Lofton at the very least should be a bench scorer for us down the road.

I agree. I just want Midnight Madness or whatever it is going to be called to get here sooner than later. At least the football team is good so we have that in the fall.

I agree. I just want Midnight Madness or whatever it is going to be called to get here sooner than later. At least the football team is good so we have that in the fall.

Haha, I can't wait until next season too, but I'm not going to wish away the summer to make it happen. ;)

Haha, I can't wait until next season too, but I'm not going to wish away the summer to make it happen. ;)

Me neither. Too many twins games to watch this summer....then bring on gopher football and then midnight madness.

Within 2 hours of holding my first born, and talking with my wife about what his hair would look like when he grew up, what his voice would sound like, can't wait to see him take his first steps...etc, etc, etc. That's when I came up with my thought of "I'm looking forward to the future, but never, ever, wish away time". I talk to my boys about that all the time.

I can wait.

In the opinion of "TS' the Gophers have a top 20 recruiting class , more by virtue of number signed then the acquisition of prime prospects. He has Konate a high 3*, Loften a high 3*, and Diedhiou a 3*.

Top Bottom