Nike EYBL Updates Thread (Gopher recruits)

GameDay

Reaction score
*Will be updated after every day of action on how Gopher targets and their teams did. Will add players as new names pop up on the Gophers' radar. Can be looked back on for reference. (I wish we would've had that for Josh Martin and Nate Mason)

Allonzo Trier (Athletes First)- 35 PTS, 5 REB, 16-16 FT (Win 69-54 over NW Xpress)

Eric Davis (The Family)- 8 PTS, 2 AST (Lose 54-52 to Meanstreets)

Alex Illikainen (HP)- 12 PTS, 2 REB, 2-2 3PT (Win 62-41 over Team Texas Elite)

Sacar Anim (HP)- 11 PTS, 5 AST, 3 REB

Jarvis Johnson (HP)- 8 PTS, 2 AST

Amir Coffey (HP)- 5 PTS, 3 REB, 2 AST

Brock Bertram (HP)- 9 PTS, 5 REB

We haven't offered Buie but Pitino watched him this morning.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>G Desure Buie (<a href="https://twitter.com/Desure_Buie">@Desure_Buie</a>): 14 PTS, 8 AST, 4 STL for NY Lightning in a win over Boo Williams. <a href="https://twitter.com/NY_Lightning">@NY_Lightning</a> <a href="http://t.co/c732dcccEA">http://t.co/c732dcccEA</a></p>— The EYBL Circuit (@D1Circuit) <a href="https://twitter.com/D1Circuit/statuses/459939266861080577">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

*Will be updated after every day of action on how Gopher targets and their teams did. Will add players as new names pop up on the Gophers' radar. Can be looked back on for reference. (I wish we would've had that for Josh Martin and Nate Mason)

Allonzo Trier (Athletes First)- 35 PTS, 5 REB, 16-16 FT (Win 69-54 over NW Xpress)

Bertram does not hold a gopher offer correct? Does he have any D1 offers? I see him more as a D2 player, maybe I am way off.

You should post minutes played as well. Alex's 12&2 looks solid, but when you add that he put up those numbers in only 9 minutes of play it looks damn impressive.

I want me some of that! He'd be a good replacment for andre, esp at the line

Allonzo Trier: 29 PTS, 3 REB (Win)

Alex Illikainen: 4 PTS, 6 REB, 1 BLK (Loss)

Jarvis Johnson: 8 PTS (Loss)

Sacar Anim: 9 PTS (Loss)

Amir Coffey: 7 PTS, 4 REB (Loss)

Desure Bowie: 7 PTS, 7 REB, 3 AST (Loss)

Eric Davis: 10 PTS, 4 AST (Win)

There are certain stats I don't trust in AAU touraments and that is minutes played (and turnovers/assists). I doubt Alex, who is a starter, played only nine minutes.

Pulley, who is 1-2, faces 3-0 E1T1 tomorrow at 2. E1T1 is led by top five junior Ben Simmons, who has committed to LSU. They also have 7-5 center Tacko Fall

Illikainen impresses in front of Pitino

With Minnesota head coach Richard Pitino in attendance, Minnesota-based Howard Pulley cruised to a 62-41 victory over Team Texas. Howard Pulley was led by a sparkling performance by Golden Gopher target Alex Illikainen, who scored a game-high 12 points and was a perfect 5-of-5 from the floor. Illikainen, a 6-foot-9, 210-pound forward from Grand Rapids, was effective inside and outside, hitting both of his three-point attempts and finding success in the post.

Illikainen's versatility has college coaches taking notice.
Though he has little problem dominating in the post against smaller competition during the high school season, Illikainen is using the AAU season to improve his perimeter play and add a different dimension to his game.

"In my high school season I'm probably the biggest guy so I do a lot of back to the basket, center work," Illikainen said. "When you get to the EYBL I'm not very tall so I focus on expanding my game inside out, the three, the pull-up jumper, all that kind of stuff. (Also what) I've been working on a lot is ball handling. Just being comfortable with the ball."

It seems schools have taken notice of Illikainen's versatility. They're not recruiting him as a strictly back-to-the basket player.

"They call it the stretch-four," Illikainen said. "So inside out, just whatever your defender gives you, pretty much."

Illikainen holds 12 scholarship offers but doesn't currently have any favorites.

"I haven't really decided that," Illikainen said. "Maybe in a couple of weeks or after EYBL."

Illikainen said that he recently hosted Nebraska head coach Tim Miles for an in-home visit. He also took an official visit to California earlier this year (but has not yet heard from the new coaching staff), as well as unofficial trips to Indiana, Minnesota, Creighton and Iowa State.

He doesn't currently have any other visits scheduled.

looks like E1T1 game cancelled. Pulley really misses Tyus at the lead guard , Alex solid but not a Travis talent yet.

Top Bottom