STrib blog: 5 Predictions for Next Year

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Amelia's blog touches on a number of items, including:

Five predictions:

1. Nate Mason will quickly become an effective sixth man.
2. Mo Walker will start.
3. The Gophers will win nine league games and slip into the NCAA tournament.
4. The power forward spot will be a revolving door.
5. Mathieu will receive All-Big Ten honors.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/256722921.html

Go Gophers!!

I thought Amelia was very upbeat in her quest about the future, and I like that. Thanks for linking that, Bleed.

Here are my bold predictions:

1. DeAndre Mathieu will play some point guard
2. The Gophers will finish somewhere in the 1 - 14 range in the B1G
3. Richard Pitino will yell at a ref and/or player at some point this year
4. Andre Hollins will start over Shell
5. EE will dunk

Is she predicting Mason will be our best bench player? Or is she simply saying he'll be a effective 6th man in a general sense, ie regular rotation guy?

It has been firmly established on GH that the team will carry massive momentum into next season due to winning the NIT. Bank on it!

5. EE will dunk

I agree with 1-4. :)

It has been firmly established on GH that the team will carry massive momentum into next season due to winning the NIT. Bank on it!

If you are serious, G7, that is not what I have seen here, due to the "fact" that an NIT championship is meaningless, worse than losing in the "play in" round in Dayton.

I do like yours better

5. EE will dunk

like everybody else is saying...5 might be a reach though.

If you are serious, G7, that is not what I have seen here, due to the "fact" that an NIT championship is meaningless, worse than losing in the "play in" round in Dayton.

It all depends on which "expert" is posting at the time Doc :rolleyes:

Hopefully they've fixed all the typos and punctuation errors from when it was first posted. It was pretty pathetic. It felt like someone quickly wrote a paper for an assignment right before the deadline and didn't have time/ability to proof read well.

Hopefully they've fixed all the typos and punctuation errors from when it was first posted. It was pretty pathetic. It felt like someone quickly wrote a paper for an assignment right before the deadline and didn't have time/ability to proof read well.

It's the internet. Punctuation, spelling, grammar, etc., need not be correct.

Kind of like many of the posts on this forum.

Disagree. It is King's job for the bulk of the minutes. I want a newcomer like Martin to take the job, it won't be easy.

I agree with this. It depends on which King we see. King was pretty frustrating to watch for much of the year. In the NITs he was very good. I think King will have a solid year- however his ceiling is low. If we want to see the team go up a notch we have to hope Martin is ready to go and as good as some hope. I am hoping for a Mark Olberding type warrior out of Martin. I can hope, right?

Yup

I agree with this. It depends on which King we see. King was pretty frustrating to watch for much of the year. In the NITs he was very good. I think King will have a solid year- however his ceiling is low. If we want to see the team go up a notch we have to hope Martin is ready to go and as good as some hope. I am hoping for a Mark Olberding type warrior out of Martin. I can hope, right?

Hope is a lot easier to read than panic and worry. bga1 Might be just me. Or, Maybe Martin can be more Landsberger like?

Top Bottom