Rating the conferences, 2013-14

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
With Louisville's move to the ACC and Maryland's move to the Big Ten in 2014-15, we can start fresh with the conference comparisons next season. Expansion should be finished (knock on wood), at least for the near future. Can't wait to see how the ACC and Big Ten unfold now that the ACC has invited a traditional big boy (Louisville) to its table.

This season the Big Ten was clearly better than the ACC, but things get much more difficult with the Cardinals in the ACC stable next season

http://college-basketball.si.com/20...g-east-acc-aac-sec-conference-power-rankings/

It is unfortunate that the ACC was able to salvage a split in the ACC-B1G Challenge last season when the B1G had a tougher league by most any measure. The ACC being able to avoid having a few of their worst teams play last season gave them an edge, so now that they can only keep one team out that will even things out a bit and I think counter the addition of Louisville to an extent.

It was complete crap that the A10 got six teams, I think our NIT run proved we belonged over a couple of them, that SMU game was better than any of those first four match ups

It was complete crap that the A10 got six teams, I think our NIT run proved we belonged over a couple of them, that SMU game was better than any of those first four match ups

Is that you Coach K?

The A-10 seeding were a bit off, but they earned 6 bids. The 4th placed team in the league won the title (St. Joes) then lost to the National Champions in the first round.

The 6th place team went to the Elite 8 (Dayton). All the other bids were definitely "in" (SLU, VCU, UMass, GW) - only Dayton was near the bubble.

Bids are earned in the regular season, I wish Minnesota had earned theirs - but a successful trip in the NIT doesn't change what the Gophers' resume was on Selection Sunday.

Top Bottom