Pitino Blog - Year One Review

Winasota Gopher

Deep Insider
Reaction score
http://www.gophersports.com/blog/2014/04/pitino-blog-year-one-in-review.html

Did this year meet expectations? That is the most commonly asked question that I have received since our NIT championship. The answer would be 100 percent yes. As a coach your hope is that your guys compete and get better every day. I can honestly say 99 percent of our practices and individual instruction sessions were a success. The guys brought it every day and that's all you can ask.

Comments about Austin are spot on. We will miss him dearly. He had some ugly stat lines in the middle of the season, but anyone who as ever coached knows why he continued to get the minutes. I was sooo happy to see him end his career the way he did. One of my favorite Gophers, also very frustrating to watch as you see the potential in him the way he played the last month is the way I knew he could play ever since last year when he showed a knack for finishing at the rim.

Good read. Looking forward to a blog entry after we have our entire 2014 class signed.

Good read. Looking forward to a blog entry after we have our entire 2014 class signed.

Would be nice if he did a video review like the football team does. I don't follow FB recruiting much so seeing the recaps and the coaches thoughts was very nice.

Another question for anyone who knows. Did you click on the link for Richards camp on the bottom? How does that offering from an amount of camps and then the specialization of each camp, compare to other D1 coaches and other Gopher coaches? Thought it was interesting that he has so many specific camps from shooting to skills to family.

Awesome, honest and spot-on! Mo is our caveat for next year. If he can become the player he can be, the Gophers can become a sweet 16 team and beyond!

Just reading his comment about goosebumps when he comes up the stairs to the floor of the barn gave me goosebumps. Plus the goal of making The Barn the toughest place tomplay in...that is partly up to the student section!!!

Another question for anyone who knows. Did you click on the link for Richards camp on the bottom? How does that offering from an amount of camps and then the specialization of each camp, compare to other D1 coaches and other Gopher coaches? Thought it was interesting that he has so many specific camps from shooting to skills to family.

I clicked on that link too. I know that Tubby had held summer camps in the past, but Tubby definitely did not have as many specialized camps, I'm really happy to see that Richard is doing this. I hope he can get a high rate of participation from kids throughout the state.

I also hope that there are some teams and high school coaches that are there for the team camp, it sounds like Pitino will be doing a full-on instruction of how to run his style of play. Hopefully some coaches can start instilling that into their own system and we can get some Minnesota kids that are able to play comfortably in his system coming out of high school.

Top Bottom