Lunardi's 2015 Bracketology

It says there are only 7 Big 10 teams in the Rundown list... but there are actually 8

I can't see Louisville getting a 3 seed with all that turnover, I would put Illinois in before Iowa as of now. I think Maryland is a wildcard with them going to a new conference, they do have a good class coming in though

Looks like we finished in 7th in the B1G this year, so the team that finished 7th in the ACC would play us in the B1G-ACC challenge. Hmm lets take a look at the standings and see who that would be.....FSU again! Who'd have thought?!

In all seriousness though, I wonder how that'll work with Maryland and Rutgers coming in this year? Do they just play the bottom two ACC teams or will they be placed in the standings as if they were a member of our conference?

I laughed when Lundardi claimed on a Tweet that two-thirds of his early 2014 Bracketology was correct. I think I could reasonably predict approximately 44 teams correctly, it's the final 24 that are difficult, and the ones he should hit as a highly paid ESPN expert.

It says there are only 7 Big 10 teams in the Rundown list... but there are actually 8

I'm guessing that's cause it's linked to conference pages, which at this point do not have Maryland and Rutgers as part of the B1G. We have those 8, and take one off ACC, meaning we'd have the most teams.

Looks like we finished in 7th in the B1G this year, so the team that finished 7th in the ACC would play us in the B1G-ACC challenge. Hmm lets take a look at the standings and see who that would be.....FSU again! Who'd have thought?!

In all seriousness though, I wonder how that'll work with Maryland and Rutgers coming in this year? Do they just play the bottom two ACC teams or will they be placed in the standings as if they were a member of our conference?

I don't think the Big Ten/ACC matchups are created using objective criteria. For instance in the 2012-13 season we played @Florida State, even though we were coming off our NIT championship game loss and FSU had won the ACC tournament, beaten Duke and UNC twice each the previous season and I think was a 3 seed in the tournament. I remember on the ESPN comments the FSU fans were upset at being paired with lowly Minnesota after such a strong season. Of course we won that game in their house, leading comfortably most of the 2nd half as I recall. We went to the round of 32, FSU missed the tournament.

So I think they just try to pair up teams based on how good they are projected to be that year.

Also fun fact: we have beaten Florida State at home, road, and neutral sites in the past two seasons.

Well, I'll definitely have Wisconsin going down to SDSU in the round of 32 :)

I laughed when Lundardi claimed on a Tweet that two-thirds of his early 2014 Bracketology was correct. I think I could reasonably predict approximately 44 teams correctly.

Agree. Hitting 44 or 45 of the 68 prior to the season. ... not really that big of a deal. The first 35-40 are usually pretty easy (the usual suspects), and then it's just a matter of getting about 8-10 of the 36 automatic qualifiers correct.

Top Bottom