Who wins a B1G Title first. Pitino or Stollings?

Reaction score
I'm going with Stollings for the simple reason that other than Nebraska and Penn State, the B1G is pretty mundane. On the men's side each game is dog eat dog. Borton got her 8 wins beating the bottom feeders of the BIG. Also because of the instate talent. While the men's instate has improved
on a grand scale, the women still have a higher level of D1 propects. All you have to do is look at the
ladies Borton missed on over the past 5 years. If Stollings is the real deal I think she gets it done
sooner than Richard. And believe me, this is not a knock on Richard. There is so much parity nationwide
with men's basketball. Mercer upsets Duke. You've a 7th and 8th seed playing for the National Title.
One the women's side you have a dynasty in UCONN and just a handful of other elite teams
( Stafford , Notre Dame, Baylor, Tennessee, Maryland, etc.) I really like the coaching situation we've
right now. It is going to be a fun ride over the next few years.

Both at the same time. They go on to become National Champions beating UCONN simultaneously. That's how I see it.

I'm going with Stollings for the simple reason that other than Nebraska and Penn State, the B1G is pretty mundane. On the men's side each game is dog eat dog. Borton got her 8 wins beating the bottom feeders of the BIG. Also because of the instate talent. While the men's instate has improved
on a grand scale, the women still have a higher level of D1 propects. All you have to do is look at the
ladies Borton missed on over the past 5 years. If Stollings is the real deal I think she gets it done
sooner than Richard. And believe me, this is not a knock on Richard. There is so much parity nationwide
with men's basketball. Mercer upsets Duke. You've a 7th and 8th seed playing for the National Title.
One the women's side you have a dynasty in UCONN and just a handful of other elite teams
( Stafford , Notre Dame, Baylor, Tennessee, Maryland, etc.) I really like the coaching situation we've
right now. It is going to be a fun ride over the next few years.

Reminder, the Terps join the Big 10 next year. Rutgers has a history of success as well.

Top Bottom