Video: One Shining Moment 2014

BleedGopher

Reaction score
For those that missed it or want to see it again:

Looking forward to seeing a Dre Mathieu tear drop floater in the lane buzzer beater in next year's version.

Go Gophers!!

I hope Shabazz Napier doesn't starve to death. I'm sure the daily training tables UConn provides for its basketball programs are miniscule in nature. Probably only getting Captain Crunch and toast for their 3 square meals.

I hope Shabazz Napier doesn't starve to death. I'm sure the daily training tables UConn provides for its basketball programs are miniscule in nature. Probably only getting Captain Crunch and toast for their 3 square meals.

"We as student athletes get utilized for what we do so well. We are definitely blessed to get a scholarship to our universities, but at the end of the day, that doesn't cover everything. We do have hungry nights that we don't have enough money to get food and sometimes money is needed," the senior told reporters.

"Shabazz Napier, like all our scholarship athletes, is provided the maximum meal plan that is allowable under NCAA rules. UConn does not have a cafeteria devoted specifically to student-athletes, but they have access to the same cafeterias which are available to all our students," Phil Chardis said in a statement.

UConn's Student Athlete Handbook outlines that UConn's athletes with a meal plan have access to the all-you-can-eat dining facilities that are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Other athletes and coaches have spoken out about this issue before, including University of Kentucky coach John Calipari in December 2012.

Top Bottom