Let the debate begin. Better season, Wisconsin or Minnesota?

On a positive note. Our season didn't end in tears?

On a negative note, MSG had like 2000 people in it? AT&T Stadium had like 80k.

Well, none of our players left the floor crying. :cry: Heart-breaking, simply heart-breaking. :clap:

Here's the thing. Nobody remembers if you got beat in the opening round of the Final 4 ( in this case only Becky fans )
Also think about this. Unless it is your team, how many Final 4 championship finals do you remember. I remember the
Michigan Fab 5 run, UCLA ' S incredible run, and maybe a couple of others. That's why they call it one shinning moment.
The Gophers will hang a banner, albeit it's the NIT. I will look up when I'm at Williams Arena and remember what a gut
check group of kids Pitino had his first year as coach and Austin Hollins 3 at the end along with his steal. Wisconsin
losing in the first round of the finals? I equate it to the movie line in the Dirty Dozen. When Lee Marvin had Donald Sutherland review the troops as a General. He asked this one kid. " Where you from son "?.." Cincinnati, Ohio sir!!
Hmm..."Never heard of it " !

Having fun, ruppert ... but let's not get carried away. Don't know about a body part, but would have given up a pet to get to where they were. Of course, I hate the cat most days.

Well, none of our players left the floor crying. :cry: Heart-breaking, simply heart-breaking. :clap:

Now they know what Vikings fans go through year after year, decade after decade. If it's not crushing Super Bowl loss it's an NFC Championship loss, just like a defeat in the Final Four. Their one free throw miss reminds me of Gary Anderson's one field goal miss all season in the 1999 NFC Championship game. And I'll add this for you sad and depressed Badger fans: You never completely get over it.

Having fun, ruppert ... but let's not get carried away. Don't know about a body part, but would have given up a pet to get to where they were. Of course, I hate the cat most days.

Good try. That Final 4 banner is worth so much more than a NIT banner to every level of a program.

Good try. That Final 4 banner is worth so much more than a NIT banner to every level of a program.

That *whoosh* sound you heard was the intent of this thread going over your head. There have been numerous threads on here over the years attempting to justify the non-existent benefits of a run in the NIT vis-a-vis the real tourney. This thread highlights the absurdity of that thought process very well.

Only complete imbeciles like Ruppert would actually debate something like this, let alone believe it.

I hope you caught the satire to this thread. I thought about posting que the badger trolls who detect sarcasm in 5,4... but didn't think it was necessary. Guess I was wrong.

That *whoosh* sound you heard was the intent of this thread going over your head. There have been numerous threads on here over the years attempting to justify the non-existent benefits of a run in the NIT vis-a-vis the real tourney. This thread highlights the absurdity of that thought process very well.

Only complete imbeciles like Ruppert would actually debate something like this, let alone believe it.

And you are a jag-off and can't comprehend the simplicity of the post. It boils down like this. NOBODY will remember
that Wisconsin lost except Becky fans. I said: " albeit the NIT " And "Gopher fans " will remember in one way or another
just what I posted. Do you get in junior ? " One Shinning Moment " Great selective reading on your part.

Let's go with the corollary: What was a bigger disappointment for that team, MN not making the NCAA's or Florida not winning it all (especially with that crappy final four)?

I'd argue Florida. Although easier to be less pissed about the NCAA's now that we've won the NIT.

Here's the real comparison: our loss in the FF to Kentucky in 97 vs. there's yesterday. I'd say their's was much more disappointing. The Gophers were just happy to be there for the first time. The Badgers had been there and done that before and had a clear path to an National Tittle. Too bad, so sad for them. You never know when that opportunity will come again, if ever.

Here's the real comparison: our loss in the FF to Kentucky in 97 vs. there's yesterday. I'd say their's was much more disappointing. The Gophers were just happy to be there for the first time. The Badgers had been there and done that before and had a clear path to an National Tittle. Too bad, so sad for them. You never know when that opportunity will come again, if ever.

I agree that's the best comparison - disagree somewhat about who should be more disappointed after the loss to Kentucky, as I feel the Gophers in '97 were better than this 2014 Badger team.

The title even. Seriously, I had the same thought. Wisconsin gutted out a couple on the way to North Texas and had a great comeback in the second round and things were falling together for them and I thought they had the right set-up. Just goes to show you. They should be good again next year, but that's not assurance of much other than being part of the field.

NOBODY will remember
... except Becky fans.

That seems to be contradicted by how many fans have said over the years that Ryan doesn't have the style that will get you to Final Fours. Maybe you are suggesting that people only remember when teams don't make it to the Final Four but don't remember when they do?

That seems to be contradicted by how many fans have said over the years that Ryan doesn't have the style that will get you to Final Fours. Maybe you are suggesting that people only remember when teams don't make it to the Final Four but don't remember when they do?

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Re read the post and I would think you will understand

Have to give the OP credit, he dropped a line and predictably, one the cheese-brains fell for it hook, line and sinker. Bravo!

I agree that's the best comparison - disagree somewhat about who should be more disappointed after the loss to Kentucky, as I feel the Gophers in '97 were better than this 2014 Badger team.

Good point, the '97 Gophers were more highly regarded than this year's Wisconsin team. Still, I think Kentucky was favored in that '97 game and it turned out that Arizona, the eventual winner, was an even bigger challenge. For the Badgers, the path as clear as it has ever gotten for a FF team with 8 and 7 seeds standing in their way.

Gophers, definitely. Of course, I say that only to annoy Badgers fans.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Re read the post and I would think you will understand

I guess maybe I don't understand. You are saying only fans will remember when their team was in the Final Four? I think you'll remember Wisconsin for a long time -- you've already forgotten. In that case you probably aren't a good judge of memory.

Top Bottom