Divine Intervention

God

Banned
Reaction score
I have heard your prayers and your evil neighbors to the east have been defeated. For you are my people.

Stupid. The B10 needs a National Championship. So what if WI won one? Yeah, they'd be arrogant about it, it just means we'd have to go win it to shut them up. That's the way it should be.

Stupid. The B10 needs a National Championship. So what if WI won one? Yeah, they'd be arrogant about it, it just means we'd have to go win it to shut them up. That's the way it should be.

This is the American way, not pettiness.

The Big Ten drought continues despite obviously having three teams at the level of Kentucky and UConn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fine, then let's have OUR team break the streak, not our biggest rival.

Didn't the Big Ten as a league in general take a downturn after Michigan State won the national title?

The Big Ten drought continues despite obviously having three teams at the level of Kentucky and UConn.

Yep, Wisconsin, Sparty, and Michigan all had the goods to win it all this season. Shows just how tough it is to win 6 straight games, even if you have a national-title caliber team. It's getting to the point where it seems like the only way the Big Ten is going to get it done is if they have both teams in the title game. Getting there (Final Four) certainly hasn't been the problem, just can't finish the job.

I feel like my faith has been rewarded Father. I warned of the evils of cheering for our Godless enemy to the east. Though many of the faithful were tempted by calls of "End the B1G drought in the Final Four" and "Cal is a sleaze who embodies everything that is wrong with college hoops", I persisted with your message and hearts were swayed. Now we can rejoice.

caddyshack-gopher-o.gif

Yep, Wisconsin, Sparty, and Michigan all had the goods to win it all this season. Shows just how tough it is to win 6 straight games, even if you have a national-title caliber team. It's getting to the point where it seems like the only way the Big Ten is going to get it done is if they have both teams in the title game. Getting there (Final Four) certainly hasn't been the problem, just can't finish the job.

All on close losses, but they all had some close wins again.
Surprising how UConn disposed of Florida so easy and I had thought MSU would walk through UConn.

All on close losses, but they all had some close wins again.
Surprising how UConn disposed of Florida so easy and I had thought MSU would walk through UConn.

Still can't believe UConn beat Sparty, and that UConn is now in the title game. Kevin Ollie must be a hell of a coach. That's the one development in this NCAA tourney I never saw coming.

Still can't believe UConn beat Sparty, and that UConn is now in the title game. Kevin Ollie must be a hell of a coach. That's the one development in thiis NCAA tourney I never saw coming.

Connecticut's for real, that's for sure. Disregarding who was wearing what color in the early game, the Huskies looked like they clearly had the better players, better skill, more quickness.

I'm sympathetic to people who say it wouldn't have been the end of the world if Wisconsin had won the national title. In terms of recruiting, the damage has already been done by them reaching the Final Four. No longer can anyone claim that Bo can't advance in the Tournament or his teams can't contend for national titles because of the way they play. I continue to say that them accomplishing these types of things portends good things for our program rather than bad things. What they've done, the Gophers can do, too.

Thanks I guess. Now do we ever get to win anything?

This is the American way, not pettiness.
You and I live in different Americas. Have you ever worked at a job and someone got promoted ahead of you, even though you felt you were equally qualified? I'm sure you were just happy for the other person and saw it as a positive move for the company. No bitterness or jealousy whatsoever.

Because most Gopher fans understand that we recruit many of the same players so Wisconsin being successful hurts our chances in these recruiting battles. It's really not that complicated.

You and I live in different Americas. Have you ever worked at a job and someone got promoted ahead of you, even though you felt you were equally qualified? I'm sure you were just happy for the other person and saw it as a positive move for the company. No bitterness or jealousy whatsoever.

People also prefer to tear others down than build themselves up. Workers at one business get mad because workers at a different business but same industry make more money or get better benefits. The jealous workers then call for the other workers to lose pay and benefits instead of get pissed off at their company or even demand better pay and benefits.

Tearing others down out of jealousy, it's the American way.

Still can't believe UConn beat Sparty, and that UConn is now in the title game. Kevin Ollie must be a hell of a coach. That's the one development in this NCAA tourney I never saw coming.

DeAndre Daniels emerged and Brimah has developed a little more. That's what's happened.

This UConn team is very similar to the team that won it a few years ago with Kemba Walker and Jeremy Lamb.

Top Bottom