Awesome Video!! Richard Pitino's NIT Championship Locker Room Speech

Very neat! Well spoken by Coach Pitino, and with his dad looking on admiringly. Recognized the seniors by name, and their key contributions. Underclassmen given a challenge to improve to avoid the bubble in the future. The great attitude of this team is, in part, a reflection of young Mr. Pitino despite his modesty here. Any aspiring college player seeing this video has GOT to be drawn to the U of M. Ski U Mah!

If Djuan Piper isn't a Gopher lock, he needs to see this video. Simply amazing! Love this coach!

Notice how it was always "we" when he talked.

Awesome speech - Norwood really made one heckuva hire

Any chance Rick retires and becomes Richard's assistant?

You can tell how proud Rick is. Ridiculous that it only took Richard two years to go from an assistant to the head coach of a Big Ten school. Not to mention that he has overachieved in both of those two years. The barn was burning when we made the hire. Looking back......there's nobody that I'd rather have here.

Awesome video. I have little doubt that Rich will be able to attract major talent and turn this team into a contender.

The barn was burning when we made the hire.

I liked the hire from the get go and I wasn't the only one. Was I certain I was right? No, but I thought it was a bold roll of the dice for a program that needed an infusion of life fast.

It doesn't surprise me that his father is supportive, but I couldn't have imagined how obviously tickled he is that his son is doing what he is doing. I may be a sucker, but I believe that Rick is suggesting to Richard he could build a dynasty here. I hope he is and I hope he does.

Call me POLLYANNA!, I don't care. I am very grateful he is our guy. Grand slam hire, if you ask me.

Seriously....I was just cutting some onions. Really excited about what we have in Coach P!

"Family on 3! 1, 2, 3, Family!" Nice way to end the video with that in our ears.

I think we can shut the board down until next year after that. Not much else to be said about the team and the season. Well done, loved the shots of dad in the background I love that he's around supporting his son.

I'm going to miss Austin obviously. 4 years of solid production and a great person.

But the guy I am really going to miss is Malik Smith. It's a shame he didn't have one more year of eligibility. I think he could have been a very good role player with a season in the B1G under his belt.

I'm going to miss Austin obviously. 4 years of solid production and a great person.

But the guy I am really going to miss is Malik Smith. It's a shame he didn't have one more year of eligibility. I think he could have been a very good role player with a season in the B1G under his belt.

That is an unpopular opinion around here.

I personally don't think this team has room for any me first players.

That is an unpopular opinion around here.

I personally don't think this team has room for any me first players.

Why do you think he is a "me first" player? Yes, he took head-scratching shots. But I think that is just his game to shoot-shoot-and-shoot some more. He was very successful early in the year. Then broke out for 29 and wasn't able to hit the broad side of a barn since. He **can** make the shots he was taking, but didn't. He doesn't have a whole lot of other options to his game and Rich Pit started limiting his PT.

I don't see the "me first," but I could be missing something.

Why do you think he is a "me first" player? Yes, he took head-scratching shots. But I think that is just his game to shoot-shoot-and-shoot some more. He was very successful early in the year. Then broke out for 29 and wasn't able to hit the broad side of a barn since. He **can** make the shots he was taking, but didn't. He doesn't have a whole lot of other options to his game and Rich Pit started limiting his PT.

I don't see the "me first," but I could be missing something.

Just by the way he plays. He's got a thick ego and needs to get his shots up or he's not gonna be happy. He always gets visually pissed whenever Mathieu looks him off in the half court. Some may find that attractive in a competitor, I personally don't care for it unless you can back it up.

Just by the way he plays. He's got a thick ego and needs to get his shots up or he's not gonna be happy. He always gets visually pissed whenever Mathieu looks him off in the half court. Some may find that attractive in a competitor, I personally don't care for it unless you can back it up.

I hadn't noticed that. When have you seen this? Throughout the year? To be honest, I, along with everyone here, sure got tired of Malik putting up contested shots from 4 feet beyond the arc and missing everything. I just figured he didn't have much else and I feel like he proved he is **capable** of making that shot, but it just left him.

How about behind-the-scenes kind of stuff - have you heard anything about how he was off-the-court? I saw him as ultra-competitive and very, very frustrated that things went so far south on him. Could be wrong.

I liked Malik, bashing him is as shortsighted as bashing Austin was earlier in the year he proved against Nebraska and at Maui that he could hit the shots and "back it up" He was a good player for the first 2/3 of the year and hit a slump at the worst possible time and when he lost his shot Pitino didn't play him, I always viewed him as someone that new his role on the team and did what he was brought into do, shoot, they just didn't fall for him at the end.

I liked Malik, bashing him is as shortsighted as bashing Austin was earlier in the year he proved against Nebraska and at Maui that he could hit the shots and "back it up" He was a good player for the first 2/3 of the year and hit a slump at the worst possible time and when he lost his shot Pitino didn't play him, I always viewed him as someone that new his role on the team and did what he was brought into do, shoot, they just didn't fall for him at the end.

Agree completely.

I have no issue with Malik. He did what he was brought in here to do the first half of the season. Didn't do so well though the second half of the season. I have to give Mav some credit this year. He was a senior, sat for much of the season but came on and played well when they needed him. Played team ball and was always supportive of the other players. Good luck to Mav wherever he ends up next year.

Top Bottom