Diedhiou

Two scholarships yet to fill.

-----------------------------

Lil' Dre
Big Dre
King
Martin
Mo

That's the lineup I've been thinking. King has done pretty well at PF this year, but he'd much rather be floating around the perimeter. If Martin can get some solid rebounding in, that'd be awesome.

I've said this in another thread but I don't think king can be a sf. He can't dribble nearly good enough to play extensively on the perimeter and definitely cannot guard a sf. He is best suited staying at the 4.

I've said this in another thread but I don't think king can be a sf. He can't dribble nearly good enough to play extensively on the perimeter and definitely cannot guard a sf. He is best suited staying at the 4.

Agreed. We're a pressing team and our offense depends on good ballhandlers. I think Pitino recruits guys like Morris and Piper to play SF in his system. Austin Hollins was a pretty ideal SF actually. In a perfect world, Joey King is a stretch 4 who plays 10-15 minutes off the bench, but if he starts at all it will be at PF.

Agreed. King has the skill set to be an effective 4 if he can put on some weight and improve his ball strength. I don't think he is well suited to play the 3 in Pitino's system at all.

I think our depth chart would be

Mathieu / Mason
Hollins / McNiel
Morris / ??? (hopefully Piper) / Buggs
King / Martin / Buggs
EE / Walker

I almost like the idea of starting Elliot and King at 4 and 5 that way you get the defense and rebounding Elliot brings with the main scoring threats at the guard positions. You bring in Walker and Martin off the bench and Martin is hopefully your defensive/rebounding target while Mo is the main scoring threat on the floor for the bigs.

Just my thought.

Mo is better, he'll start over EE. I also like Mo starting because he is a force on offense which means every game there is a chance the other team's starting big man could get into quick foul trouble. EE would be better suited as a energy and hustle guy off the bench.

Anyway they get Mo and EE on the court together?

Anyone who wants Mo and EE on the court at the same time has no idea what they are talking about. I literally can't think of a worse proposed lineup.

Mo is not a force on offense, IMO. If you take away the bull rush, he has nothing. Never seen a supposedly big strong 6'10" post player get his shot blocked and fail to finish through contact so often. Average rebounder at best for his size. He is the best center we have, but he should be a backup player on a decent team.

I know it seems like I'm ripping him, but I am not trying to. Its just the truth, and its who he is. He is light years better than I ever thought he'd be.

Mo is not a force on offense, IMO. If you take away the bull rush, he has nothing. Never seen a supposedly big strong 6'10" post player get his shot blocked and fail to finish through contact so often. Average rebounder at best for his size. He is the best center we have, but he should be a backup player on a decent team.

I know it seems like I'm ripping him, but I am not trying to. Its just the truth, and its who he is. He is light years better than I ever thought he'd be.

I think Mo will get even better this offseason. Last offseason was spent losing weight and trimming down, and this offseason should be about getting stronger, quicker, and more powerful. He also has to work on grabbing the ball and securing it, and not turning it over so much down low. To say Mo is "who he is" at this moment I have to disagree with. We haven't seen the best of Mo yet.

You just described EE, seriously. Mo isn't perfect but he will be a top 3 or 4 center in the conference next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You just described EE, seriously. Mo isn't perfect but he will be a top 3 or 4 center in the conference next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Aren't you the same guy who said Carlos Morris will be better than Austin?

Looking at those seniors just reminds you again how important that 2015 recruiting class is going to be.

I said I think he can replace Austin enough to the point where I don't think it will be a huge issue. I think he steps right in to the 3 spot. We all know you don't think he's even going to make it to campus.

Name 4 returning centers better than Mo.

Looking at those seniors just reminds you again how important that 2015 recruiting class is going to be.

Yep. That's going to determine Pitino's legacy here IMO. I've loved what I've seen so far but no guarantee he's going to get us to the top. I'll feel a lot more confident when he gets his first elite recruit, and when there's a shovel in the ground for the practice facility.

Yep. That's going to determine Pitino's legacy here IMO. I've loved what I've seen so far but no guarantee he's going to get us to the top. I'll feel a lot more confident when he gets his first elite recruit, and when there's a shovel in the ground for the practice facility.

So he gets less than 3 years to define his legacy here? And that legacy is totally dependent on his 2015 class? What if he were to sign nothing but 5-star recruits in 2016 and 2017? What if he signed only 3-star recruits from here on out but went to the elite 8 every year? Yes 2015 will be important since it is a big class, but it is far from a make/break situation.

3. black hole
4. King
5. EE

Not sure what your enormous beef is with Carlos Morris, but I do hope you realize that you're setting yourself up for GH ridicule every time he does anything positive next season. Just FYI.

Pitino has been asked this multiple times this season and shot it down each time. So I doubt it.

I thought he'd finally do it when Andre intentionally fouled at the end of last night's game. But nope.

I thought he'd finally do it when Andre intentionally fouled at the end of last night's game. But nope.

Pretty sure he did it one time at the end of a game when they needed a rebound on an intentional free throw miss. They needed a missed free throw and quick three.

Give it a rest, chief. Carlos Morris hasn't set foot on campus yet, you have no idea what kind of impact he'll have for the Gophers. Austin was a great player for us, and hopefully Carlos will be in addition. Time will tell!

As it stands right now, my rotation would look like this.

PG- Dre Mathieu
SG- Andre Hollins
SF- Carlos Morris
PF- King/Martin (interchangeable as of now IMO)
C- Mo Walker

Bench-
G1- Nate Mason
G2- Daquien McNeil
F1- King/Martin (whoever doesn't start)
F2- Charles Buggs
F3- Djuan Piper
C- Elliot Eliason

Yeah, I think that is the most likely scenario as the roster currently stands.

I'm confused about where Piper is in his decision process. Today, he has retweeted 4 people-- all Gopher fans saying how excited they are for him to be in Maroon and Gold. They aren't saying: "I hope you come to MN." They are saying: "Can't wait for you to come," and Piper is retweeting all of them.

I know we shouldn't look too deep into Twitter, seeing as how recruits retween fans all the time. But it seems like he is blatantly hitting at a commitment.

And now people in this thread are practically saying he is on our roster...

So, did I miss some announcement? Are we pretty much guaranteed Piper?

Are the Gophers still in the hunt for that Gastone guy? I can't remember his last name.

I'm confused about where Piper is in his decision process. Today, he has retweeted 4 people-- all Gopher fans saying how excited they are for him to be in Maroon and Gold. They aren't saying: "I hope you come to MN." They are saying: "Can't wait for you to come," and Piper is retweeting all of them.

I know we shouldn't look too deep into Twitter, seeing as how recruits retween fans all the time. But it seems like he is blatantly hitting at a commitment.

And now people in this thread are practically saying he is on our roster...

So, did I miss some announcement? Are we pretty much guaranteed Piper?

Word is we pretty much have him locked up and the only reason he hasn't announced it is because he wanted to finish his season first. UW was the other top contender, but he never even took an official (after saying he would) and there has been no buzz suggesting he's still seriously considering them. They also offered him extremely late for being a hometown kid.

This is all hearsay so we may just be setting ourselves up for Travis Reid 2.0.

Word is we pretty much have him locked up and the only reason he hasn't announced it is because he wanted to finish his season first. UW was the other top contender, but he never even took an official (after saying he would) and there has been no buzz suggesting he's still seriously considering them. They also offered him extremely late for being a hometown kid.

This is all hearsay so we may just be setting ourselves up for Travis Reid 2.0.

For sure. Well, his season is over, so I'm hoping for an announcement within the next few days. I will feel a lot better at the #3 spot if we can get Piper to back-up Morris

Top Bottom