Rodney Williams D League Dunk

Man I miss those dunks. What a fun player to watch when he was clicking.

i think that one might be better then even the Nebraska one or any other dunk of his gophers career. How is his jumper coming along? Probably the same as its always been or else he would be doing better then 9.5 PPG

i think that one might be better then even the Nebraska one or any other dunk of his gophers career. How is his jumper coming along? Probably the same as its always been or else he would be doing better then 9.5 PPG

I think he's just under 50% FG, and it was 28% 3 pt. Still plenty of room to improve.

I think he's just under 50% FG, and it was 28% 3 pt. Still plenty of room to improve.

Thought I saw where he was hitting about 80% of his free throws. Wish he could have done that here.

Good kid. Hope he can elevate his game and get a shot in the NBA. Tremendous athlete.

The NBA is all about players having a niche. As fun as it is to watch Rodney dunk, what specialty does he offer the NBA that would be useful?

The NBA is all about players having a niche. As fun as it is to watch Rodney dunk, what specialty does he offer the NBA that would be useful?

Dunk contest!

terrific finisher in transition and possibly a lockdown defender

Rodney is not that far off from helping an NBA team off the bench with his current skill set.

I hope you're right. I hope he's been working on his shot and can consistently hit the three point shot from the corners. If he can at least drain the corner three then he might have a spot. He's a great athlete, but in the NBA almost everyone is a great athlete. It's the extra niche spot that allows a player to stick and make basketball a career.

I hope you're right. I hope he's been working on his shot and can consistently hit the three point shot from the corners. If he can at least drain the corner three then he might have a spot. He's a great athlete, but in the NBA almost everyone is a great athlete. It's the extra niche spot that allows a player to stick and make basketball a career.

Rodney is probably more athletic then at least 90 maybe even 95% of the players in the NBA, everybody may be athletic in NBA but even in the NBA not everybody is as athletic as Rodney, I still doubt he has made much progress in his jumper though, he missed a ton of 3's in the summer league and if he never improved it in the last 4 years why would this year be any different? I hope he as though.

Perhaps the biggest waste of raw talent in Gopher history....but he can really dunk.

Rodney Williams put on this planet to do one thing and one thing only; dunk the mother ****ing basketball. Hope he gets called up at some point.

And that's why a random team like the Bucks or 76ers will eventually pick him up at the end of a lost season when their sfs have injuries and they want to take a chance on a player who has the tools to excel in a few aspects under a minor role. He'll need luck with the timing but I think he'll get it because he can catch an eye with plays like this. He'll have to be on a good stretch at the time most likely. Might as well see if you can teach him to excel at just playing good defense, getting offensive boards, and just passing and screening on offense other than the occasional dunk in transition, putback, or baseline drive, etc. If Brewer and Budinger didn't just get deals I'd say the Wolves should take a look now that the season is lost.

Top Bottom