Beilein B1G coach of the year; other B1G thoughts?

march madness

Reaction score
I am pretty impressed with Beilein and Michigan. I thought they would be a little down, not as down as some, after losing both Hardaway jr and Burke. Then throw in McGary missing most of the year. Big Ten is a little down, but it is still impressive to me. It probably helped their cause that Michigan St. was dealing with injuries all season. Was Robinson a McDonalds All-A., see that Hardaway, Burke, McGary, Stauskus all top 100 guys but not necessarily 5 star guys that blossumed under Beilen, none the less Levert. I might have to rethink my top B1G coaches.

How about all B1G Team thoughts?
POY- Stauskus

first team:
Stauskus
Yogi
Harris
Marble
Petteway

2nd team:
Appling
Dre Hollins**injury makes this a tiny bit of a homer pick.
Payne
Crawford
Dekker

3rd team:
Glenn R. III
LeVert
Ross
R. Rice
A. White

HM: Frazier, Newbill, Lil Dre, Craft, Hammons, Cobbs, T. Johnson, Brust, Kaminsky

Beilein and Miles are going to be the front runners. Hate to say it, but Bo should also get consideration. How many did he graduate last year?

Michigan lost 3 starters if you count McGary as missing most of the year. Bo lost his starting froncourt, but most thought every other coach in the country would have started Dekker. Might be better to think how much a team returned of there top 8. Michigan 5 of 8, Wisconsin 5 of 8 plus Gasser returning from injury, Indiana returned 4 of 8, but 4 starters graduated.

Miles did a wonderful job at Nebraska shows you how one star (Petteway) and some willing role players can turn a team around.

Beilein should be coach of the year, and I don't think it's even close. Michigan always looks like they know exactly what they wan't to accomplish...and then they do it. After losing Burke and Hardaway and with no McGary, throw in a freshman point guard and it looked like a year of possible struggles. Beilein is good, very good.

Beilein should be coach of the year, and I don't think it's even close. Michigan always looks like they know exactly what they wan't to accomplish...and then they do it. After losing Burke and Hardaway and with no McGary, throw in a freshman point guard and it looked like a year of possible struggles. Beilein is good, very good.

+1. And to think he was an after-thought in the Michigan raid on Morgantown.

Top Bottom