Big Ten Tourney

Tucker32

Reaction score
My wife and I are debating heading down to the Big Ten Tourney next week. There are a bunch of tickets on StubHub, and it looks like they sold All-Session tickets last fall. Anyone know where The U block of seats are in the Fieldhouse? I'm not sure how that works. I would rather sit among a bunch of Gopher fans than get stuck on Friday in the midst of Badger or Spartan fans - or whoever we might end up playing.

Also, I'm sure some of you have been there. Are the balcony seats any good, or are they way up there? We get spoiled with Williams Arena. Unless the seats are obstructed, I never feel very far away.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I live down here. Not sure what kind of pregame stuff there is but I'm taking a half day for sure.

Sent you a PM, but not sure it went through so let me know. Pregame stuff has been great in the past. With so many bars in the area of the Fieldhouse, each team is assigned a "home bar" where the bar caters to our fans. The Gophers bar is Hard Rock Cafe. Usually they will have some sort of pregame pep rally type event there, but it will depend on the time of the game I am sure. The restaurant is about 2 blocks from the Fieldhouse, so very easy to walk to. It is also right across the street from Circle Centre Mall, which is not a bad place to walk around and stretch legs if you are trying to kill time near the arena.

The U typically gets screwed, have gone the last 10 years and we are always in a corner. I will look at my tickets when I get home from work today and get back to you.

All of the hotels are booked right now in the downtown area, you will have to look by the airport for something reasonable. Overall Indy is way better than Chicago. The downtown area is a lot of fun, clean, and not too big so you can walk anywhere you need to go. Conseco Fieldhouse is also a tremendous venue and this years tourney will be one of the most competitive is years. It's my favorite weekend of the year, can't wait and hope to see folks down there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, there are plenty of scalpers as well. Thursday tickets are cheap, Friday afternoon session will be medium as Sparty and Bucky travel, with IU and ILL having down years the market might be conducive to low prices. Saturdays are usually the most expensive by far especially if there are no upsets. The only session I would buy ahead of time is Saturday if you can get close to face value. Thursday and Friday you should be able to get below face value but buy from people from the day session that just lost (assuming the gophers are in the afternoon session) and don't wear Minnesota gear when you do as this will increase the price they charge you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I are debating heading down to the Big Ten Tourney next week. There are a bunch of tickets on StubHub, and it looks like they sold All-Session tickets last fall. Anyone know where The U block of seats are in the Fieldhouse?

We're in Section 104 on the club level. Others have mentioned they're in 103. Quality seats. Gopher sections extend from half-court to between the circles.

IMO, Friday is the best day of the tournament. 8 teams, 8 fan bases, a lot of energy in the building. Let's hope Gophers are one of those 8.

Thanks for the help all. Really appreciate it. We have to stay on the outskirts a little bit, but looking forward to the games.

If the Gophers end up in the first session is there much scalping going on that first session, or is it better to get tickets online somewhere prior to getting there?

There is a good chance I will have two extra tickets to the first session Thursday and Friday. Two of the people I am going with look like they need to work. They are Indiana fans, so if IU is playing they may play hooky, but even then they aren't sure. They are in the Gophers section, section 103, and if we do sell we are just looking for face value. If you're interested lets talk, not sure if you can find them for under face value or not somewhere online.

Top Bottom