All Things Brad Davison Recruitment Thread

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a thread to keep up with the recruitment of Maple Grove PG Brad Davison who was a guest of the Gophers for the Illinois game. This thread will have the latest posts, articles, videos, tweets and more on Davison's recruitment.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good ploy if it's legal to say that! I remember many years ago Bill Musselman during and off year with the Phil Filer group was recruiting mark Olberding and he was saying on TV at the state tourney (back when you could comment on recruits) that he would be starting Olberding right now if he had him.

Good ploy if it's legal to say that! I remember many years ago Bill Musselman during and off year with the Phil Filer group was recruiting mark Olberding and he was saying on TV at the state tourney (back when you could comment on recruits) that he would be starting Olberding right now if he had him.

Doogie said it not Pitino. If push came to shove there's no actual proof pitino said it and if doogie ever wanted another scoop from Richie he would just he made it up to get clicks

That's pretty dumb on Doogie's part to tweet out. Coaches aren't allowed to talk to the media, but obviously they do anyway. You have to think that Doogie's tweet would get on Pitino's nerves.

Can someone help me understand how Davison is a '17 recruit if he's a freshman? Am I missing something?

Video of Davison breaking Maple Grove's school record with 42 points last week:

Go Gophers!!

It's probably because he's just a soph but people seem to be sleeping on this kid right now. He's a very solid player that the Gophs should probably offer.

I really hope the Gophers get Davison. Have seen him play several times and really enjoy watching him. Good ballplayer, but even better is his tough attitude.

How quick is he? That is one quality that really separates players at the collegiate level. I've seen a lot of kids score a ton of points in HS, but they go onto college and start facing quicker players, and all of a sudden those open shots aren't open any more.

I've had a chance to watch Davison on community tv many times...
He's a very good football qb for Maple Grove. So expectedly, he's not extremely quick on the court. He's more of a leverage player offensively but is very good at getting his shot off on the drive. His outside shooting is streaky and he's not a pure stroker but he can have big scoring games. He's a good free thrower. Maybe his best qualities are his confidence and leadership. And those can go a long way. Overall, I'd rate him as a marginal talent for big-time college basketball- anyway, he might decide to play football.

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

That was University of Wisconsin men’s basketball coach Greg Gard watching 6-2 Maple Grove junior point guard Brad Davisson score 26 points in a big victory at Champlin Park on Friday night.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/02/06/charley-walters-former-raider-ryan-harris-feeling-just-super/

Go Gophers!!

I hope we don't lose out by slow playing him like we did Macura, who, by the way, would look really good in maroon and gold. He's somehow good enough for a top 10 team.

I hope we don't lose out by slow playing him like we did Macura, who, by the way, would look really good in maroon and gold. He's somehow good enough for a top 10 team.

We have 1 open scholarship next year. Maybe we'll have another. We don't need more guards. We need big men. It's really that simple.

How quick is he? That is one quality that really separates players at the collegiate level. I've seen a lot of kids score a ton of points in HS, but they go onto college and start facing quicker players, and all of a sudden those open shots aren't open any more.

You make a Good point. I remember my freshman year at the U and how much quicker the girls were than in high school.

He looks an awful lot like "Ollie" from Hoosiers with that haircut.

Gopher will most likely not offer since we don't need anymore guards. I will take him as a Badger though.

Gopher offer coming soon after dropping 37 points in an EYBL game today? He also had 8 rebounds and 9 assists.

Davison is now averaging 16 ppg on great shooting percentages. He is shooting 53.8% from the floor, 47.2% from 3 on 53 attempts, and 85.4% from the line.

Gopher offer coming soon after dropping 37 points in an EYBL game today? He also had 8 rebounds and 9 assists.

Davison is now averaging 16 ppg on great shooting percentages. He is shooting 53.8% from the floor, 47.2% from 3 on 53 attempts, and 85.4% from the line.
You do realize that they play no defense in EYBL, don't you?

That being said, if the kid can help out the Gophers, I welcome him with open arms.

Top Bottom