Game at Ford.... whose idea was that?

anticallihan

Reaction score
I would be more than annoyed if I was a Mich State season ticket holder to have to play NC on/in Ford Field.

Crowd does not look that great.

Seems like a give away of home court advantage.

Test run for the Final Four. The Breslin Center would have been rocking!

More fans there than I would expect for a Lions football game! Tough to draw a crowd when your 0 and 12

blowout

The Spartans are getting laughed out of the gym.

I would be more than annoyed if I was a Mich State season ticket holder to have to play NC on/in Ford Field.

My thoughts exactly. It ended up being such a blow-out - but knowing how much home court advantage can help, you wonder if MSU would have been more in this game, had it been at Bres (still my favorite away arena) instead of in a huge, stale, dome.

Tubby won at Ford Field in 2004

UK played MSU @ Ford Field in 2004 and won...it was called "Basketbowl." It was the largest crowd ever to see a bball game. UK won.

Just curious...

UK played MSU @ Ford Field in 2004 and won...it was called "Basketbowl." It was the largest crowd ever to see a bball game. UK won.

Do you know what the total attendance was for that game? I'm guessing Ford Field will seat between 50-60K for the Final Four, under 40K, and I'd think it would look pretty empty with that huge set-up.

Do you know what the total attendance was for that game? I'm guessing Ford Field will seat between 50-60K for the Final Four, under 40K, and I'd think it would look pretty empty with that huge set-up.

The success of 2003’s BasketBowl game between MSU and Kentucky at Ford Field set a world record for attendance at a basketball game with a crowd of 78,129.

Wow!

The success of 2003’s BasketBowl game between MSU and Kentucky at Ford Field set a world record for attendance at a basketball game with a crowd of 78,129.

Now I remember that - I didn't even think Ford Field was that big. I wonder if they were hoping for that kind of turn-out tonight?

Here's a link about the planning of the event (in case I'm the only one with Alzheimer's)...and my favorite Izzo fact:

BasketBowl
As far as playing on the home "turf" of the Lions, the Spartan coach admits that he has been a Green Bay Packer football fan is whole life, but is starting to show a lot of interest in the Lions. Izzo is quick to point out though, that he is only a fan of the team wearing light blue, as opposed to the royal shade of the Wildcats.

If I remember right - the game between UK and MSU at Ford Field was scheduled there solely to set the attendance record. One of those Ripley "believe it or not" happenings. Do I remember correctly?

Ford Field is going to be seating 70k+ for the Final Four this year. That's how we got six tickets. ;)

Top Bottom