1:25 p.m. -- #5 Iowa (8-7) vs. #12 Penn State (5-10), BTN
5:30 p.m. -- #7 GOPHERS (7-9) vs. #10 Purdue (5-10), ESPN2
7:55 p.m. -- #6 Nebraska (8-7) vs. #11 Illinois (5-10), ESPN2

Friday, March 14 (Quarterfinals)
11 a.m. -- #1 Michigan (12-3) vs. Indiana/Northwestern, ESPN/ESPN2
1:25 p.m. -- #4 Ohio State (9-7) vs. Iowa/Penn State winner, ESPN/ESPN2
5:30 p.m. -- #2 Michigan State (11-4) vs. GOPHERS/Purdue winner, BTN
7:55 p.m. -- #3 Wisconsin (10-5) vs. Nebraska/Illinois winner, BTN

How are ties broken? I assume head to head is first.

Yep.

Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, and Penn State all 5-10. Northwestern has the tiebreaker (2-0), followed by Purdue (2-2, 1-0 vs. Illinois), Illinois (2-2, 0-1 vs. Purdue), and Penn State (1-3).

How are ties broken? I assume head to head is first.

TIEBREAKERS:

I. Teams shall be seeded No. 1 through No. 12 in the tournament bracket based on the final regular-season Conference standings.

II. A team's seed shall correspond to its regular-season finish (i.e., the champion shall be the No. 1 seed, the runner-up the No. 2 seed, etc.).

III. Teams that finished Nos. 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the regular-season shall receive a "bye" on the first day.

IV. In case of a tie for any place finish in the regular-season standings, the following tie-breaking procedure shall be followed in order to seed teams in the tournament bracket:

A. Two-team tie:

1. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular-season.

2. Each team's record vs. the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings (or in the case of a tie for the championship, the next highest position in the regular-season standings), continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

a. When arriving at another pair of tied teams while comparing records, use each team's record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to their own tie-breaking procedures), rather than the performance against the individual tied teams.

b. When comparing records against a single team or a group of teams, the higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group are unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1, but 2-0 is not better than 1-0).

3. Won-loss percentage of all Division I opponents.

4. Coin toss conducted by the Commissioner or designee.

B. Multiple team tie:

1. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular-season. a. When comparing records against the tied teams, the team with the higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group are unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1, but 2-0 is not better than 1-0).

b. After the top team among the tied teams is determined, the second team is ranked by its record among the original tied teams, not the head-to-head record vs. the remaining team(s).

2. If the remaining teams are still tied, then each tied team's record shall be compared to the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings, continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.
a. When arriving at another pair of tied teams while comparing records, use each team's record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to their own tie-breaking procedures), rather than the performance against the individual tied teams.

b. When comparing records against a single team or group of teams, the higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group are unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1, but 2-0 is not better than 1-0).

3. Won-loss percentage of Division I opponents.

4. Coin toss conducted by Commissioner or designee.

Agree, don't want to play Indiana. But I wouldn't mind another shot at Illinois and a top 100 win.

That would be perfect. And keep Indiana in the 8-9 game. I wouldn't mind playing Purdue in Indy, but not sure I want the schizo Hoosiers to get another shot at us.

Cobb is also done for the season, the only NU player who has been decent against the Gophers this season.

Anyone BUT Indiana please. Preferably Penn State or Northwestern.

I think there is a decent chance both Northwestern and Purdue finish at 6-12 in the conference and in that case Northwestern would own the tiebreaker and we would play Purdue. I think it will be tough for us to end up facing Northwestern in the first round just looking at remaining schedules and likely scenarios.

A 7-10 matchup against Northwestern looks like the best case scenario right now. Them and Penn State scare me the least.

I think there is a decent chance both Northwestern and Purdue finish at 6-12 in the conference and in that case Northwestern would own the tiebreaker and we would play Purdue. I think it will be tough for us to end up facing Northwestern in the first round just looking at remaining schedules and likely scenarios.

You still haven't learned?:rolleyes:

Has it ever come to a coin toss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom