Current Top 25

station19

Reaction score
Currently Wisconsin at #14 is the highest ranked Big Ten team. That doesn't show the Big Ten to be the strongest conference. It has to be quite awhile since that is the highest a Big Ten team has been ranked. Some of you guys that follow this more closely....can you recall?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

The Big Ten this year has been like the "boxers" in the Flintstones episodes repeatedly bonking each other over the head with clubs. That seems to be lost on the poll voters. Haven't checked the RPI, but Sagarin has three B1G teams in the top 10 and five in the top 20. That's more scientific and indicative of actual strength.

I don't know anyone who has been impressed with the top end of the Big Ten this year, but the middle and particularly the bottom are very impressive this year.

I don't know anyone who has been impressed with the top end of the Big Ten this year, but the middle and particularly the bottom are very impressive this year.

Give Michigan a healthy Mitch McGary and Michigan State a healthy full team... then the top of the big ten has 2 teams that are in the top 5 conversation. I personally have been impressed with Mich St's ability to stick up there given the total games lost to injury this season.

The B10 is going to be underranked this year due to all the teams beating up on each other this year. This year's conference has much more parity than most people were thinking from top to bottom but regardless when you lose to lower tier teams that kills you in polls. All that matters is the end of the year and once the B10 starts running through teams in the NCAA tourney, it will come to light the league was just very deep (or if they all lose then it looks like the ratings were right)

Top Bottom