Post Game: ESPN says Gophers scored 95 Austin w/27, Buggs w/13 Team 83% from FT line

Miles Tarver

Reaction score
ZIZHeMW.gif

Post Game: Welcome to the party, Charles Buggs!

We've got a new SF/PF!

Props to Austin as well. Biggest game of the season when we needed it.

the athleticism is pretty insane! That was a fresh breath of air!

Great win!

Interesting thought: if we beat Illinois, are we motivated enough to bring it to Iowa like we did? Is it better to lose against Illinois and beat Iowa, or vice versa?

Also, what was the deal with Oto not getting pt? Loved it though because Buggs proved to be another scorer for the d to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great win!

Interesting thought: if we beat Illinois, are we motivated enough to bring it to Iowa like we did? Is it better to lose against Illinois and beat Iowa, or vice versa?

Also, what was the deal with Oto not getting pt? Loved it though because Buggs proved to be another scorer for the d to think about.

One of the announcers said Oto was having knee trouble.

Great, great win!

I'm only a bit pissed at Pitino for not inserting Buggs more in the later half of the second when Joey missed a bunny or two and he looked like he was tiring. I'm much more pissed at him for not playing Buggs more during the year. Hopefully, he will now have some trust.

Austin's greatest game ever. All he needed was a wide open game instead of the usual Big Ten half court slugfest.

Congratulations to Mo for his clutch free throw shooting. I was amazed.

Little Dre was mostly great again.

I thought Iowa made a bit of a mistake playing an uptempo full court game. They did OK at it but Minnesota did better.

FYI espn covering gopher win at halftime of badger game in the next few minutes

The 95 pts are the most scored in a Big Ten game since 1993. By Gophers that is.

How bad was EE tonight? He tries too hard, he needs a confidence boost right now. Ever since Mo has emerged as an offensive threat he just seems to be pressing.

So will losing to Michigan and beating PSU and winning a conference tourney game do the trick?

It is better to beat both. In the B10 you should not have to worry about motivation. Every game is big.

+1 on every game being big.

This was a huge win for us and our tournament chances. That said, we a few bad losses and careless plays away from already having our ticket stamped, which is really frustrating given that the team is capable of playing as well as we did tonight.

How bad was EE tonight? He tries too hard, he needs a confidence boost right now. Ever since Mo has emerged as an offensive threat he just seems to be pressing.

I actually think he's put too much pressure on himself. After being named a captain and Pitino saying he's one of the better bigs in the conference like you said he's trying too hard. Trying to do too much and live up to the expectations Pitino set for him. He's just gotta play his game. The kid's got talent we've all seen it.

I actually think he's put too much pressure on himself. After being named a captain and Pitino saying he's one of the better bigs in the conference like you said he's trying too hard. Trying to do too much and live up to the expectations Pitino set for him. He's just gotta play his game. The kid's got talent we've all seen it.

EE doesn't have much talent at all. He just hustles his ass off and at times can be effective because of it.

It is better to beat both. In the B10 you should not have to worry about motivation. Every game is big.

Touché, although there seems to be something about a team with its back against the wall.

Wasn't the 50 point win over Bobby Knight in 1994?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> scored the most points tonight in a non-vacated game since 1993. But they beat Indiana 96-91 in overtime in 1996-97.</p>— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/438515855081488384">February 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

EE doesn't have much talent at all. He just hustles his ass off and at times can be effective because of it.

Disagree. First of all you don't play at this level without having talent. At the start of the season and into the start of conference play EE was one of our better players (he was putting up double doubles like it was nothing). When he plays with confidence he can be a force. Even though he's far from the best athlete on the team the kid has talent and will be an important player for us moving forward.

Disagree. First of all you don't play at this level without having talent. At the start of the season and into the start of conference play EE was one of our better players (he was putting up double doubles like it was nothing). When he plays with confidence he can be a force. Even though he's far from the best athlete on the team the kid has talent and will be an important player for us moving forward.

Oto is here.

It takes a special kind of "talent" to pick up 4 fouls in 11 minutes... multiple times...per week.

Biggest thing I can't figure out is how EE can't even do a drop step dunk. On top of that he doesn't have any sort of post move. Not a baby hook, an up and under, nothing. It's truly amazing. Everytime he gets the ball it looks like he wants to shoot it as fast as possible because he simply wants to get rid of the ball and hopefully someone fouls him along the way. I'd love to see what he does in practice to work on his offensive game because he looks incredibly raw for a kid how has been in the Big Ten for 4 years already.

Gophers did not score a fg in the last 8.5 minutes of the game.

Gophers did not score a fg in the last 8.5 minutes of the game.

I believe they scored their last 18 points at the line, if I'm not mistaken. At the 9 minute mark, they were at 77. At that point, I figured they needed 88 to win.

I believe they scored their last 18 points at the line, if I'm not mistaken. At the 9 minute mark, they were at 77. At that point, I figured they needed 88 to win.

Well it's a good thing we scored 90. lol

Top Bottom