PiPress: Gophers' Andre Hollins: 'I need to help Mathieu more'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Hollins said Big Ten coaches no doubt have scouted the Gophers well by this point. He wants to do a better job of taking the pressure off Mathieu in those situations.

"I just noticed I need to make myself available a bit more," Hollins said. "We're just going to have to adjust a little bit. It starts in practice, coming off the screens and kind of backing up a little bit and then attacking -- getting the ball out in transition and trying to score in other ways."

Hollins has been back for four games since an ankle injury, but he's still favoring his left leg. He admitted Friday that he shies away from driving to the basket and relies too much on his outside shot.

Hollins had 15 points on 4-for-13 shooting against Illinois, including 3 for 11 from three-point range.

"I haven't really gone off my left leg," he said. "I just might be doing that in the back of my mind. That's one of the toughest things to come back from, an injury and trust it like you did before."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_25202070/gophers-andre-hollins-i-need-help-mathieu-more

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom