GAME #28: Gophers (17-10, 6-8) @ O$U (21-6, 8-6) [BTN, 2/22, 5:00PM]

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
Ugh. Hopefully we win. A sweep of Ohio State would be ridiculously awesome regardless of how we finish the year. I think this is our 2nd best chance for a win after the home game against Penn State.

Our recent offensive struggles have me worried we won't crack 40 tomorrow. The good thing is Ohio state doesn't have much firepower so we can keep it close if we play well. Gotta have this one, Iowa, or game 2 of the BTT to have a shot at the tourney.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hard to feel confident with the level of play the Gophers have shown recently but of the remaining schedule this is probably the best chance for a win besides the Penn State game. I'd guess the Gophers show a lot of zone and try to make Ohio State beat them with the outside shot which hasn't been a strength for Ohio State all year. A win would go a long way towards making the NCAA tournament so hopefully the Gophers can find a way to get out Columbus with a win.

Sometimes I feel confident, sometimes I feel not confident. I guess I will let the guys decide it for me and play the game.

Malik is due.

I'm going for the understatement of the year award.

FSN: Gophers have opportunity for statement win

If the Gophers can escape Columbus with a win Saturday, it could give Minnesota the confidence it needs to take down another Top 25 opponent when No. 15 Iowa comes to town next Tuesday. After that, it's a trip to Ann Arbor to face No. 20 Michigan before closing out the year at home against Penn State.

Minnesota endured a similar stretch already this year, playing four Top 25 teams in a row back in January. The Gophers escaped with a 2-2 record in those games, taking care of both home games -- including a win against Ohio State. Desperately needing a resume-boosting win, Minnesota will need to get at least one win on the road in the next three games. The Gophers will get their first opportunity Saturday.

"We play the fourth-hardest schedule in the country," Pitino said. "You're playing three Top 25 teams, one at home, two on the road, and then you have the Big Ten tournament. We don't talk about the NCAA tournament. . . . There's a lot of basketball to be played, I'll say that."

http://msn.foxsports.com/north/story/gophers-have-opportunity-for-statement-win-022114

Go Gophers!!

These are college athletes so anything can happen this evening. Dre Mat could play under control, Dre H could trust his ankle and play with greater mobility and get to the line, and Mo could dominate the middle - do this and we prevail in Columbus. Play give away, you know the result.

We match up well with OSU. But we are on the road. If we cannot figure out how to score when Mathieu is doubled off of screens, then we will struggle the rest of the year.

Big Ten home teams are 19-22 since Jan 25th........or something like that?

Big Ten home teams are 19-22 since Jan 25th........or something like that?

That's interesting, but it's not really relevant. If you look at the big picture, the home teams still win more than the road teams.

That's interesting, but it's not really relevant. If you look at the big picture, the home teams still win more than the road teams.

But Big Ten road wins seem to be happening more often.....at least this year.

When was the last time we beat a team twice during the big10 season?

I am usually an optimist. Sorry, not tonight, I need some JD.

When was the last time we beat a ranked Big Ten opponent twice in the same season?

Joey needs some polish on the low post and he could be quite decent offensive weapon next year

It feels like Eliason has spent more time on the bench of first halves due to foul trouble than he does on the court.

I don't like the amount of threes taken by Oto compared to Dre.

Top Bottom