Trib made me laugh just now

Jon

Reaction score
So I did a search on Anas Osama Mahmoud and a new trib article came up so I was all like wow they are on top of things
This is what they said
"The Gophers still have one scholarship available for 2014, and they're making a push to give it to the 7-1 Anas Osama Mahmoud, who is visiting Minnesota starting tomorrow per a source. Here's more from Rivals' Ryan James.
"
So that is no info at all and so I clicked her link to Rivals and that is below and a lock story

What a hack...
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/245902651.html

Rivals locked story (below is all avail info at link from Trib)
"
7-foot-1, 210lb Anas Osama Mahmoud is one of the hottest recruiting names in the class of 2014 at the moment and he will visit Minnesota.

"
http://minnesota.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=935&script=/content.asp&cid=1609072

Talking about things that make me laugh; I often listen to the Gopher BB game on the radio and...

Spencer Tollackson does the color >> He says things like "Wow! did you see that? ... amazing! "

And I am like no ... this is the radio I don't see anything you bone head --

Mike Grimm the play by play guy is good but he has a hard time keeping up at times with the new Gopher pace of play...

I think it was last game where Mike sent Spencer to check a replay and we missed Spencer's detail description of what is going on any why...

Oh wait he might have just said "did you see that?" good thing I did no blink, right?

Talking about things that make me laugh; I often listen to the Gopher BB game on the radio and...

Spencer Tollackson does the color >> He says things like "Wow! did you see that? ... amazing! "

And I am like no ... this is the radio I don't see anything you bone head --

Mike Grimm the play by play guy is good but he has a hard time keeping up at times with the new Gopher pace of play...

I think it was last game where Mike sent Spencer to check a replay and we missed Spencer's detail description of what is going on any why...

Oh wait he might have just said "did you see that?" good thing I did no blink, right?

Spence is the worst. He announces like he's watching the games with his buddies. Often yelling out an audible "ooooooooh" when something nice happens. Shaddup and let Grimm tell us about it, don't need you to signify that a nice play happened by screaming and laughing.

I love Spence because he calls it like he's watching the game with his buddies. I'm probably in the minority though.

He might be ok I you are watching the game on the TV too but in my case I am just listening and I have know idea what is going on when he speaks. Trent Tucker was my favorite radio guy but then he was so good he went on to TV....

I love Spence because he calls it like he's watching the game with his buddies. I'm probably in the minority though.

I'm with you.
Its pretty easy to critique play-by-play and color, because its hard to do well. Such a shame to have Bob Costas behind a desk.

He might be ok I you are watching the game on the TV too but in my case I am just listening and I have know idea what is going on when he speaks. Trent Tucker was my favorite radio guy but then he was so good he went on to TV....

I so rarely listen to the games, that you may be right. I'm usually just listening if I'm stuck in the car on my way to or from somewhere.

So I went to check if Amelia updated anything on Anas in the below link and she had not... but under Five tidbits on gopher she tells us about her drinking...

5. Top five whiskey-drinking spots of the Big Ten season so far: 1) Delilah's in Chicago; 2) Merchant in Madison; 3) Clinton St. Social Club in Iowa City; Berry & Rye in Omaha (I know that's not really the Big Ten, but that's where I stayed); 5) The Local Whiskey in State College.

So I did a search on Anas Osama Mahmoud and a new trib article came up so I was all like wow they are on top of things
This is what they said
"The Gophers still have one scholarship available for 2014, and they're making a push to give it to the 7-1 Anas Osama Mahmoud, who is visiting Minnesota starting tomorrow per a source. Here's more from Rivals' Ryan James.
"
So that is no info at all and so I clicked her link to Rivals and that is below and a lock story

What a hack...

"
7-foot-1, 210lb Anas Osama Mahmoud is one of the hottest recruiting names in the class of 2014 at the moment and he will visit Minnesota.

"
http://minnesota.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=935&script=/content.asp&cid=1609072

So I went to check if Amelia updated anything on Anas in the below link and she had not... but under Five tidbits on gopher she tells us about her drinking...

5. Top five whiskey-drinking spots of the Big Ten season so far: 1) Delilah's in Chicago; 2) Merchant in Madison; 3) Clinton St. Social Club in Iowa City; Berry & Rye in Omaha (I know that's not really the Big Ten, but that's where I stayed); 5) The Local Whiskey in State College.

She tries way too hard to appear cool. She is probably the type that calls herself a "hipster" - as anyone that actually calls themselves that is a contradiction to the term itself.

She tries way too hard to appear cool. She is probably the type that calls herself a "hipster" - as anyone that actually calls themselves that is a contradiction to the term itself.

This is a borerline plagarism case copying the guy on ESPN who used to rank the restaurants in cities he travelled to. He did it in an entertaining and informative way, though, not just names of places. She appears to be struggling a bit. It seemed like she was more on the ball last year.

If being a hipster is appearing cool then I think I'll strive to be as lame as possible.

Maybe she just enjoys quality restaurants and good bars. Why are labels necessary?

I'm pretty cool, but more of a "hippo".

This is a borerline plagarism case copying the guy on ESPN who used to rank the restaurants in cities he travelled to. He did it in an entertaining and informative way, though, not just names of places. She appears to be struggling a bit. It seemed like she was more on the ball last year.
True - considering the errors she has had in her articles in assigning the correct stats to the right player this year, she might want to curtail her 'research'.

I like Amelia. I think she does a great job.

FYI, when you guys nitpick Amelia Rayno you just sound pathetic. Get a life.

FWIW - its not nitpicking.
I thought she did a good job last year. This year there have been a lot of errors. To wit:

"Ferrell and Vonleh finished 5-for-9 and 5-for-16 from the field, respectively." No - Ferrell was 5-for-16, an accomplishment for our defense, AND in this error, she missed the opportunity to emphasize this. Just sayin'

This is what they said
"

What a hack...

"

"

I thought her comment on the defense was spot on, they played hard down the stretch defensively at Northwestern and it paid off with a win.

Top Bottom