What has Pitino Done thus far???

JReck33

Reaction score
Now that the season is reaching its climax, it's time to look at what Pitino has actually done at this point. Now before I get into it I think Pitino has been a great hire thus far and am really excited about the future of this program. If Pitino makes the tournament then I think he overachieved in his first year.

One thing that Pitino has excelled in his first year is improving individual talent. Numerous players have shown crazy individual improvement like Big Mo, E twice (earlier in the year) and Mathieu who has come out of nowhere. Players are getting better here and in a short time. I rarely saw this under Tubby where players seemed to peak around mediocrity.

Another thing I've noticed as a dramatic difference is the second half adjustments. Other then a few games Pitino makes good and necessary adjustments. Last couple games coming out of the half our defense has been GREAT! (Indiana and N'Western)

Now these are great things but I want to see a little more in game adjustments. I know and understand that hoops is a game of runs but the scoring draughts we go on are a concern as we did this with Tubby on a regular basis.

Anyway I can make other little critiques but I like where this program is going. Would be huge to get to the NCAA tournament in his first year. GO GOPHERS!!!!

Now that the season is reaching its climax, it's time to look at what Pitino has actually done at this point. Now before I get into it I think Pitino has been a great hire thus far and am really excited about the future of this program. If Pitino makes the tournament then I think he overachieved in his first year.

One thing that Pitino has excelled in his first year is improving individual talent. Numerous players have shown crazy individual improvement like Big Mo, E twice (earlier in the year) and Mathieu who has come out of nowhere. Players are getting better here and in a short time. I rarely saw this under Tubby where players seemed to peak around mediocrity.

Another thing I've noticed as a dramatic difference is the second half adjustments. Other then a few games Pitino makes good and necessary adjustments. Last couple games coming out of the half our defense has been GREAT! (Indiana and N'Western)

Now these are great things but I want to see a little more in game adjustments. I know and understand that hoops is a game of runs but the scoring draughts we go on are a concern as we did this with Tubby on a regular basis.

Anyway I can make other little critiques but I like where this program is going. Would be huge to get to the NCAA tournament in his first year. GO GOPHERS!!!!
Minnesota
(17-9, 6-7 Big Ten) this sums up for ya what he has done

Little premature for this thread, lets see how the season plays out, but I like what I've seen from this group

OP question: " What has Pitino Done thus far???"

All you did was expose yourself. :banghead:

Little premature for this thread, lets see how the season plays out, but I like what I've seen from this group

It is premature no doubt. Just like last year after a home loss to Illinois people were saying the tournament dreams were over.

He has brought in a system that is fun to watch. The "Barn" has been electric this year compared to the last few years. Once again it has become a home court advantage and opposing teams are having a harder time trying to steal a win.

He has brought in a system that is fun to watch. The "Barn" has been electric this year compared to the last few years. Once again it has become a home court advantage and opposing teams are having a harder time trying to steal a win.

Is this a joke? Have you really watched the games? Wins have been ugly even against cupcakes.

I think he has proven he has a system that can work, providing he has the right players.

Top Bottom