Question for those more selctions savvy than I

upnorthkid

Reaction score
right now we are sitting at 33 in the RPI, probably very much due to wins over Richmond, OSU, and Wisky, our so called "good wins". Yet it seems to me like you are in a sense, over-rewarded for your big wins over your losses. Perhaps I am over-reading into this and maybe I'm entirely wrong, and in all honesty could be, but i'm guessing if our wins are flipped from those 3 to Purdue, NW, and Arkansas instead, we are nowhere near the same RPI, despite the same W and L and removal of our 3 worst losses. Overall it just seems like if you win a few big games a year, you automatically are in better position than if you just take care of business against the teams you "should" beat. Or am i totally off base? Help?

Also as a fun note, in the battle of the Pitino's, little Richard has his boys 4 spots better than his papa who's sitting at 37. Bragging rights? :D

right now we are sitting at 33 in the RPI, probably very much due to wins over Richmond, OSU, and Wisky, our so called "good wins". Yet it seems to me like you are in a sense, over-rewarded for your big wins over your losses. Perhaps I am over-reading into this and maybe I'm entirely wrong, and in all honesty could be, but i'm guessing if our wins are flipped from those 3 to Purdue, NW, and Arkansas instead, we are nowhere near the same RPI, despite the same W and L and removal of our 3 worst losses. Overall it just seems like if you win a few big games a year, you automatically are in better position than if you just take care of business against the teams you "should" beat. Or am i totally off base? Help?

Also as a fun note, in the battle of the Pitino's, little Richard has his boys 4 spots better than his papa who's sitting at 37. Bragging rights? :D

I dont know about first part, but rpi is so much to do with scheduling, and in this case the previous coaching staff set the schedule(one thing I always like about old coaching staff, always good at scheduling), so not sure there are any bragging rights, even if pitino does set the schedule, not sure anyone can brag about rpi much, at end of the day, its who had a better season

Top Bottom