Pitino called Twitter "anti-team"

Jon

Reaction score
I thought this is interesting >> on a bit different note; it seems like there are 10 stories that all say the same thing (and a million tweets) but none of them have any real news in them... got to love this new media world of echo after echo saying nothing...
BRIEFLY

Pitino called Twitter "anti-team" when asked Sunday about his players using social media. "I don't like it one bit," he said. "I understand it, but I don't like it."
pp;Gophers basketball: Big road win tastes extra sweet
http://www.twincities.com/gophers/ci_25159911/gophers-basketball-big-road-win-tastes-extra-sweet

pp;Gophers basketball: DeAndre Mathieu sparks win over Northwestern
http://www.twincities.com/gophers/c...thieu-sparks-win-over-northwestern?source=pkg

Josh Martin should love this. He's a highly active Tweeter and changes his handle about once a week. Let's see if his social media presence changes once he walks on campus.

Old News

I remember him saying the same thing when he first got here. I can't blame the guy. It has to be a distraction to the task at hand, and as the critique on all social media goes it can get people self focused and be a barrier to interacting with people who are actually in their presence. I don't like it either. What I am most surprised at is that a 31 year old man has the same perspective I do. And I'm old.

When he came in, didn't he say there was a 24-hour ban from twitter after games? I thought I read that. But that's no longer the case. He may have eased up on some if his previous twitter rules.

When he came in, didn't he say there was a 24-hour ban from twitter after games? I thought I read that. But that's no longer the case. He may have eased up on some if his previous twitter rules.

You can't stop it; you can only hope to contain it. Scattered attention is a killer in every industry and family these days.

Interesting notion about Twitter. I am not a big user of the site, but do like it when news is breaking to get local perspective and reports.

I can see how if you are a heavy poster, that it would be a bit of an ego machine. Who retweeted me, who is following me, who responded to me, etc. Great for celebrities, bad for teams.

Top Bottom