Bubblicious Monday: Ok State/Baylor the headliner

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Monday Bubblers
North Carolina @ #61 Florida State, 6 p.m. (ESPN)
#45 Oklahoma State @ #50 Baylor, 8 p.m. (ESPN)

Sunday Bubbler Results
#33 GOPHERS 54, Northwestern 48 (beauty is in the eye of the beholder)
#44 Oregon 93, Oregon State 83 (Ducks move back to the bubble despite 4-8 Pac 12 mark)
Temple 71, #49 SMU 64 (late stain on Pony resume)
#52 Saint John's 82, #58 Georgetown 60 (red hot Red Storm rockin' & rollin')
#53 Nebraska 60, Michigan State 51 (so that's how you go into Breslin and win)

Monday Bubblers
North Carolina @ #61 Florida State, 6 p.m. (ESPN)
#45 Oklahoma State @ #50 Baylor, 8 p.m. (ESPN)

Sunday Bubbler Results
#33 GOPHERS 54, Northwestern 48 (beauty is in the eye of the beholder)
#44 Oregon 93, Oregon State 83 (Ducks move back to the bubble despite 4-8 Pac 12 mark)
Temple 71, #49 SMU 64 (late stain on Pony resume)
#52 Saint John's 82, #58 Georgetown 60 (red hot Red Storm rockin' & rollin')
#53 Nebraska 60, Michigan State 51 (so that's how you go into Breslin and win)

I'm shocked the Ducks are still in the hunt. They have been bad in conference play. Is it just me, or is the quality of play in college basketball on the decline especially in the middle to bottom rung tournament teams? Before 68, it always seemed like there were few decent teams who got left out and now it seems like there are teams that will get in only becasuse they have to fill the field.

God forbid 96.

BTW, go Seminoles. Help us add another top 50 win.

I'm shocked the Ducks are still in the hunt. They have been bad in conference play. Is it just me, or is the quality of play in college basketball on the decline especially in the middle to bottom rung tournament teams? Before 68, it always seemed like there were few decent teams who got left out and now it seems like there are teams that will get in only becasuse they have to fill the field.

At this point it appears we could have several at-large teams with below .500 conference records, with Oregon, Oklahoma State, Baylor, and perhaps the Gophers the most likely candidates. They all have at least two decent nonconference wins. ...

Oregon: vs. Georgetown, @ Ole Miss, BYU;

Oklahoma State: Memphis, vs. Louisiana Tech, vs. Colorado;

Baylor: vs. Colorado, vs. Dayton, vs. Kentucky

Gophers: @ Richmond, Florida State;

. ... so if any of 'em finish 8-10 in their conference, they'll have a decent chance of making the tournament. An uneasy Selection Sunday, yes, but at least a chance.

The expansion to 68 has really weakened the bubble.

Oregon has an opportunity to finish strong to still get a respectable record.
Despite that, with the bubble how it is, they are still in contention how they are right now with the horrible record.

Top Bottom