What's Interesting Is This!!!

Kellz100

Reaction score
I am a huge Gopher Basketball fan and have been for many years. I follow these guys year round from the Howard Pulley Pro-Am League in the Summer, during pick-up games, peak into practices, and throughout the season, as well. I've watched this young man Kendal Shell play. He can handle the ball, dribble, pass, shoot, hustles, and is a tough defender. The bottom line is he can flat out play and can definitely help this team. Hope he gets a shot!

Wow. Guess Kendall's Dad discovered GH. Welcome Daddy Shell!

I am a huge Gopher Basketball fan and have been for many years. I follow these guys year round from the Howard Pulley Pro-Am League in the Summer, during pick-up games, peak into practices, and throughout the season, as well. I've watched this young man Kendal Shell play. He can handle the ball, dribble, pass, shoot, hustles, and is a tough defender. The bottom line is he can flat out play and can definitely help this team. Hope he gets a shot!

He would not start for St. Thomas this season and I'm not exaggerating.

I'm going to hedge and say we should be welcoming momma Shell.

I met Momma Shell in St. Louis (I live part time there) outside a grocery store. I was decked out in Gopher's gear and I think she was surprised to see me. She was even more surprised when she told me her son was a walk on at the U of M, and I told her his name!

We talked for a bit and she seemed like a really nice woman. She said Kendal was so excited to be playing for Tubby Smith and she was glad that Tubby was an "old school" guy (I think my words, not hers).

I wish him all the best. Glad he earned a scholarship for this semester, at least.

Kendall Shell is still four times as good a player as any of us here.

I'm glad Shell is on the team and hope he gets some playing time tonight when we're up 15 late in the game.

Kendall Shell is still four times as good a player as any of us here.

Don't be so defensive. Nobody is ripping or has a problem with Shell. People are having a little fun with a first time poster.

When Shell plays, Gopher fans are happy. Great kid, great student athlete.

BREAKING: Pitino saw this thread, and Shell will be in the starting lineup this evening!

I met Momma Shell in St. Louis (I live part time there) outside a grocery store. I was decked out in Gopher's gear and I think she was surprised to see me. She was even more surprised when she told me her son was a walk on at the U of M, and I told her his name! We talked for a bit and she seemed like a really nice woman. She said Kendal was so excited to be playing for Tubby Smith and she was glad that Tubby was an "old school" guy (I think my words, not hers). I wish him all the best. Glad he earned a scholarship for this semester, at least.

Met his parents at the Iowa game. Great great people. Extremely supportive of the team and players.

He's a great guy to have on the team IMO.

Lots of walk-ons (I realize he's currently on scholarship) do most everything the rest of the team does -- that is, they work their tail off and help their teammates get better.. hopefully on AND off the court.

You can be a great teammate and contributor to a program without getting much run during games. Takes strong commitment.

Hats off to thee.

Lots of walk-ons (I realize he's currently on scholarship) do most everything the rest of the team does -- that is, they work their tail off and help their teammates get better.. hopefully on AND off the court. You can be a great teammate and contributor to a program without getting much run during games. Takes strong commitment. Hats off to thee.

Exactly, well said.

I'm glad Shell is on the team and hope he gets some playing time tonight when we're up 15 late in the game.

Ha yes would love to see a ton of Shell tonight as we lead by 20 with 5 minutes to go.

Lots of walk-ons (I realize he's currently on scholarship) do most everything the rest of the team does -- that is, they work their tail off and help their teammates get better.. hopefully on AND off the court.

You can be a great teammate and contributor to a program without getting much run during games.

That goes without saying... if a walk-on did not do those things they would be dismissed from the team.

For me, my favorite Williams Arena chant is still "Play Ho-se-a".

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Do you remember the game(half-time show I believe) where a person was being tossed in the air and being caught on a blanket type thing? The crowd started chanting 'Toss Ho-se-a'.

Top Bottom