Arizona-Arizona St

LongLiveMilesTarver

Reaction score
Again the dumbass fans rush the court with time left on the clock. I also would have called a tech on that idiot Jahii Carson for doing a chin up after his dunk when he could and should have easily dribbled the clock out. Every single person involved in this play is a moron. The future of our nation is in despair.

Yes, exactly what I was thinking -- if the officials were calling it by the book, ASU would've gotten two technical fouls with .5 seconds left. One for hanging on the rim, the other for fans rushing the court. There was no excuse for either, could be no confusion that the "game was over" because .5 still showed after the dunk.

Interesting, though -- notice that although .5 was left on the clock by the game clock operator (properly was time left) at the dunk, once chaos starts erupting all over he then restarts the clock so it quickly goes to 0. You could argue he did it to cover up the violation by the home fans.

I honestly have nothing against fans storming the court after big upsets like this, but for God's sake wait until the game is over. Carson, however, remains a moron.

Easily should have been at least one technical on Arizona State for there bench players running on the floor way to early. If you watch the bench closely you can see one of the players is almost on the 3 point line just as Carson is taking off for the dunk. Seems like another situation where refs were afraid to make what would have been the correct call.

Easily should have been at least one technical on Arizona State for there bench players running on the floor way to early. If you watch the bench closely you can see one of the players is almost on the 3 point line just as Carson is taking off for the dunk. Seems like another situation where refs were afraid to make what would have been the correct call.

They make the correct call, and that sets an important precedent and makes other gyms think twice about making it about themselves (fans) instead of the game. Honestly, somebody needs to put a stop to this once and for all by simply enforcing the rules.

Once again a perfect example of how the rules get completely modified at the end of a game. Complete bogus crap.

Once again a perfect example of how the rules get completely modified at the end of a game. Complete bogus crap.

Yep. Swallowing whistles and not calling technicals in situations like this are pathetic.

I hate the stopping of the clock as it goes past the rim of the basket.
I always felt that clock should run after made baskets and that if you call timeout, there should be enough time from the point of the basket passing the rim, to let it hit the ground or be grabbed by a player.

I hate it when a guy shoots the ball with 1.1 on the clock, and the ball passes through the rim at 0.5 or less and they still feel the need to stop the clock. You can't do much with under a second, just let it be dead and end the game.

I hate the stopping of the clock as it goes past the rim of the basket.
I always felt that clock should run after made baskets and that if you call timeout, there should be enough time from the point of the basket passing the rim, to let it hit the ground or be grabbed by a player.

I hate it when a guy shoots the ball with 1.1 on the clock, and the ball passes through the rim at 0.5 or less and they still feel the need to stop the clock. You can't do much with under a second, just let it be dead and end the game.
the ball is not always immediately able to be inbounded as players might inadvertently hit it. It's also a good rule that should penalize the idiots who go in for the dunk instead of letting time expire.

You might be able to tell that I have an interest in the game outcome. I follow two D1 schools (UofM and Arizona State). Why don't you guys in gopherland get outraged when the B1G officials completely blow a call against the Gophs?

I'm disappointed that you have such keen critical skills about a game in which you have no apparent interest other than to criticize. Do your parents still sexually abuse you?

You might be able to tell that I have an interest in the game outcome. I follow two D1 schools (UofM and Arizona State). Why don't you guys in gopherland get outraged when the B1G officials completely blow a call against the Gophs?

I'm disappointed that you have such keen critical skills about a game in which you have no apparent interest other than to criticize. Do your parents still sexually abuse you?
Bingo. I to am a big fan of ASU (I will go there) but I hate UofA. If they would have called a T against the gophers in that situation everybody would of been flipping out and wanting the ref's heads. It's much easier complaining and having the "right answer" after if happened. Try being at the game during those situations, the plays go by in a instant.

Hmph...... :confused:

Bingo. I to am a big fan of ASU (I will go there) but I hate UofA. If they would have called a T against the gophers in that situation everybody would of been flipping out and wanting the ref's heads. It's much easier complaining and having the "right answer" after if happened. Try being at the game during those situations, the plays go by in a instant.

Let's get one thing clear. I can only speak for myself, but if someone called that against the Gophers I would understand. The issue, of course, is whether that's called consistently around the game, and my gripe in a case like that would be that it isn't. My point is that it should be.

I understand the hesitancy in refs not wanting to punish the team for idiot fans rushing the court when you could at least argue (weakly, IMO, since everyone could see .5 on the scoreboard) that people thought the game was over, and the thing with the bench players being well out onto the floor was dumb but happens often. The one that I think should've been called is the guy hanging on the rim for like 3 or 4 seconds after his idiot dunk that only put them up 3 points with time still left on the clock. And ASU almost certainly still wins even with that call.

I don't have an interest in either team or in Pac 10 basketball generally, and the outcome is irrelevant to the Gophers' NCAA chances, I was just interested as a college basketball fan who happened to be flipping the channel and saw several things at the end of the game I've never seen in 40 years of watching college basketball ... and it's fun to talk about.

I understand not penalizing Arizona State because of the fans rushing the court and that is fine. My issue was with an Arizona State bench player on the 3 point line while Carson was still on the ground and just starting to go up for the dunk. My other issue is with Carson hanging on the rim for a good amount of time and I know some would say he thought the game was over but that is his fault and it doesn't matter he should have received a technical. I'm not saying they have to call both of those as a technical but they certainly should have at least called one.

I forget which station I was watching yesterday where the studio guys said that had Arizona tried to inbound the ball with the fans on the court it would have been a technical.

Of course we all would have freaked out had they made that call against the Gophers because they don't make that call against anyone. That doesn't mean they shouldn't.

Yesterday someone on Ole Miss got teed up for hanging on the rim during an important point in the game and no one even argued because it was so blatant. Andy Kennedy just sighed at the idiocy of his players (and no, it wasn't Henderson).

Top Bottom