GAME #26: Gophers (16-9, 5-7) @ Northwestern (12-13, 5-7) [BTN, 5:00PM]

march madness

Reaction score
How do we get a win back from them?

Northwestern as we know a perimeter led team with very good one on one players in Crawford and Cobb. A bad rebounding team with only one true post player. They play very straight up on defense, Wisconsin like, very few steals or blocks, and I am guessing they don't double often.

This team can and should be beat inside. Olah is slow, When will the EE of the non-conference return. IF not, we need Walker to do some damage inside. Having Dre Hollins back will be a huge boost. Lil Dre should be able to penetrate although when Demps is in he has some quickness also.

We have to be the more aggressive team, we cannot sleep walk and win this one. We are a slightly deeper team and need to push the pace.

Stop the 3's and donot turn the ball over!

We need to play with motivation, but not desperation. They need to realize that their season is on the line in this game. Finally, play with some confidence for a change. Act like you should win the game for goodness sakes! If we do that, I think we have a good chance, but if not, we have some major trouble.

Run the picket fence and get the ball to Jimmy Chitwood. And don't get caught watching the paint dry.

Crawford, Cobb and Demps are their stars. Lumpkin plays good defense and can rebound but is a foul factory and no offensive threat. Olah is a decent center but not a good rebounder. Abrahamson is a spot up shooter who is a disaster when he puts the ball on the floor. No one else warrants commentary.The Gophers blew the NU game at the Barn when Walker could not finish at the rim with 2 seconds left. Minnesota will have a re-vitalized Dre Hollins back for this game and should win easily. Lose and they will be fortunate to go NITing.

We get the win by bringing the noise! Just hopped on the train for Chicago, hopefully gophers fans will show up. Biggest game of Richard's first season IMO. Go Gophers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northwestern (like us) is not playing as well as they were earlier - when they beat us. Just gotta play well and play our game, and things will work out.

As someone else said, Elliott is welcome back on the team anytime.

Run the picket fence and get the ball to Jimmy Chitwood. And don't get caught watching the paint dry.

Hey, the picket fence works. Years ago when I was in High School, we had a play called the picket fence. A teammate of mine named Jim missed the shot, but another teammate Lee scored the put back at the buzzer to win the game. That was even more dramatic than it was in HOOSIERS.

Needless to say, Lee was NOT standing around watching the paint dry.

Hey, the picket fence works. Years ago when I was in High School, we had a play called the picket fence. A teammate of mine named Jim missed the shot, but another teammate Lee scored the put back at the buzzer to win the game. That was even more dramatic than it was in HOOSIERS.

Needless to say, Lee was NOT standing around watching the paint dry.

Doc.....the picket fence is there so you KEEP ON MY LAWN.

Need both Dre's to show up. And it would help if Austin woke up today.

Need both Dre's to show up. And it would help if Austin woke up today.

I love how someone posts some form of this statement before every game. He isn't going to "wake up." He is what he is, a decent role player that can guard the other team's best wing.

I love how someone posts some form of this statement before every game. He isn't going to "wake up." He is what he is, a decent role player that can guard the other team's best wing.

He's also the guy who made 5 straight treys against Northwestern last year. I'll take a redux of that.

What offensive foul?!?!?! Doesn't there have to be contact?

Top Bottom