What do Gophers need more?

WolfontheProwl

Reaction score
With Pitino and his staff still recruiting for the 2014 class what does this team need right now. I am under the impression the Gophes have 1 scholaship available at this time so who should it go to if we have our choice? We are looking at two 4*(ESPN) wing prospects Kobe Eubanks and DuJuan Piper. They are in on he big Egyptian Anas Osama Mahmoud who is a very interesting prospect. Watching the video's on all three guys there are plenty of things to like about each but what is the major need right now as we look into next season. A wing or a player like Mahmoud who might be ranked a bit higher but might not be as prepared to play right away?

With Pitino and his staff still recruiting for the 2014 class what does this team need right now. I am under the impression the Gophes have 1 scholaship available at this time so who should it go to if we have our choice? We are looking at two 4*(ESPN) wing prospects Kobe Eubanks and DuJuan Piper. They are in on he big Egyptian Anas Osama Mahmoud who is a very interesting prospect. Watching the video's on all three guys there are plenty of things to like about each but what is the major need right now as we look into next season. A wing or a player like Mahmoud who might be ranked a bit higher but might not be as prepared to play right away?

There is no sense pondering the question . We need both and if we are able to land both an extra scholarship will appear.

Could be a real possibility the team would rather keep as may scholarships available for next year limiting the possibility of adding more than one more player. Giving the question some legs station19.

That was a 14,000-post smack-down. Wolf, this isn't the place to ponder important, team-related questions. How dare you.

I'd put at the top of the list, individuals with the intestinal fortitude to win games on the road. It's an intangible quality, yes, but go and find us some of those.

Could be a real possibility the team would rather keep as may scholarships available for next year limiting the possibility of adding more than one more player. Giving the question some legs station19.

Believe we have 5 for next season. Mathieu, Oto, EE, Not So Huge Mo, and Dre. I would sign as many as we can right now and agree with 19, I wouldn't be surprised if additional scholarships magically appear. IMO the disadvantage Coach P. and staff had in recruiting was, it was hard to envision Coach P. on the sidelines in the B1G. Now that everyone has seen him rub elbows with Izzo etc., I think we're in much better position recruiting wise.

That was a 14,000-post smack-down. Wolf, this isn't the place to ponder important, team-related questions. How dare you.

I'm only making this post so I can stay ahead of Wolf.:cool02:

We lose Mav, Malik and Austin. Mav uses no minutes. We need someone to be a true PF. We need someone who can shoot 3's.
We get PG Mason, PF Martin and SG Morris
PG McNeil is developing and will clearly take minutes next year but won't replace any of the above
Mo is turning into a machine and will have more minutes next year and will pull down more rebounds reducing the desperate need for a PF.
SG Morris is a JC player so should be ready to play and take minutes that Malik and Austin had.
If Martin can play as a true freshman, he will really fill a hole.
IMHO, we need Piper or Eubanks most for next year, but with EE and Mo graduating the following year, we need a big man to get ready to fill their spots. Usually it takes big men longer to get minutes than it takes guards. I would say we need to address losing EE and Mo the following year more than we need to address losing Austin and Malik this year.

Believe we have 5 for next season. Mathieu, Oto, EE, Not So Huge Mo, and Dre. I would sign as many as we can right now and agree with 19, I wouldn't be surprised if additional scholarships magically appear. IMO the disadvantage Coach P. and staff had in recruiting was, it was hard to envision Coach P. on the sidelines in the B1G. Now that everyone has seen him rub elbows with Izzo etc., I think we're in much better position recruiting wise.

McNeil???

My guess is Pitino is going to say to Ellenson that either you play basketball or you do track. As he gets zero basketball minutes and competes on an international level in track, my guess is he would choose the latter. That would give us 5 scholarships. I agree, Pitino is in a much better recruiting position as it is evident that he is a great coach and players like to play for him. I agree Pitino will not save a scholarship for next year with the big exodus. I think he takes a big and a SG or SF with the remaining two spots. Martin is his PF hope.

Top Bottom