Amazing highlights of 7-foot sophomore Thon Maker

Wow.

Looks like Kansas, Duke, or Kentucky will have themselves a hell of a player for one season.

That's what I look like (when I put my son's hoop at 8 feet).

Best recruit since Lebron. I'd love to get him, but I think it's probably asking a WEE bit too much.

Crazy to think he has 2 more years to work on his game until college. Hell he could still get taller.

Straight to NBA through another pro league?

He's playing against inferior competition and would be lucky to start for the Gophers.

I think he'll need all four years (of junior high) to get to the NBA.

Straight to NBA through another pro league?

Players are 1/2 in starring in the Association, but 2/2 in making the Association going that route.

Jennings - max contract & star
Tyler - playing in the NBA.

If he is mature enough, why not play in Europe?

Rivals has him ranked #3 nationally for his class….what does that make #1 and #2?

I'm not usually blown away by highlight reels from 7 footers, but wow.

Ok, first thing this kid needs to do is change his first name to Money.

Crazy to think he has 2 more years to work on his game until college. Hell he could still get taller.

Let's hope not. Guys who are that tall usually don't last long.

will obviously need to put on some weight and looks knock kneed at times but goodness that is a versatile player to have to try cover.

Pulley's EYBL team plays against Maker and his Boo Williams squad this Spring/Summer. We'll see what Alex is made of.

I realize he's only a sophomore so don't jump on me when I say this...but damn he is skinny. Needs to bulk up in a huge way over the next two years. His legs look like toothpicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A guy like this brings up a ton of questions:

A quick google search returns averages of 8.4 pts and 6.8 rebounds.

He's too weak to play inside... Is he quick enough to play SG? Can he dribble against skilled defenders? Can he shoot consistenly?

Moreover, being 7 ft as a sophomore can be a disadvantage. He might get too used to relying on the height advantage, thus failing to polish his game.

I bet he is a 3 to 4 year collegian.

He was fun to watch last summer, but usually didn't do a ton. Did make it to the line a lot and blocked shots. Didn't shoot well, rebounding wasn't impressive.. but love how he moves at his size... can't wait for the shooting to come along a bit more.

Quick highlight from this week:

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OwOX2X6EPuK/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

That's what I look like (when I put my son's hoop at 8 feet).

Wow! You look like a tall black man with very short cut hair, when you put your son's hoop at 8 feet? Can't wait for you to post what you look like when the hoop is set at 4 feet..........quite the transformation!!!!!!

If he doesn't leave HS early for the NBA, he's crazy.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom