Video: Marcus Smart shoved a Texas Tech fan

Looks like same Texas Tech fan that flipped off an A&M player a few years back:

Go Gophers!!

Fat, white guy probably said something racist. Not that that makes his shove okay. Just saying that the big boy probably isn't an angel.

I guess Smart just handled the whole loss terribly tonight. Apparently he got T'd earlier in the game for yelling at fans.

After seeing that second video, and if the the guy said something racist I don't blame Smart

Fat, white guy probably said something racist. Not that that makes his shove okay. Just saying that the big boy probably isn't an angel.

That was my first thought, too.

And yeah, he DOES look like the same guy! And it could be, because the seat's in about the same place. Wouldn't that be funny.

Stay classy, Texas. (The state, not the university)

The fan looked pretty proud of himself. Smart shouldn't have done it but I bet the fan had it coming.

Good call, bleed. That is clearly the same guy. TT should revoke his tickets. Shouldn't be that close to the floor.

"Texas Tech's #1 fan."

I seriously doubt someone who has attended every home game for 30 years (and most road games, apparently), made a racist comment to a college basketball player. Drives me nuts when people whip out the race card without any evidence to back it up.

"Texas Tech's #1 fan."

I seriously doubt someone who has attended every home game for 30 years (and most road games, apparently), made a racist comment to a college basketball player. Drives me nuts when people whip out the race card without any evidence to back it up.

He won't make a racist comment, but he'll flip off an A&M player who makes a nice play. Sure. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing that wasn't the first or last time.

He won't make a racist comment, but he'll flip off an A&M player who makes a nice play. Sure. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing that wasn't the first or last time.

All we know from the information given here is that he's a jackass. I would assume he gives white players of opposing teams similar treatment.

All we know from the information given here is that he's a jackass. I would assume he gives white players of opposing teams similar treatment.

Right. Probably. But Marcus Smart wouldn't have reacted in such a way for normal trash talk. He hears trash talk from fans every game.

Plus, it's being reported that Smart claims he was called a n****r.

Seth Greenburg was on sportscenter and said the things players and coaches are called is completely reprehensible. It doesn't make a bit of difference what set him off that kind of reaction is inexcusable. I would think he'll be suspended for several games, at least, or dismissed from the team.

Right. Probably. But Marcus Smart wouldn't have reacted in such a way for normal trash talk. He hears trash talk from fans every game.

Plus, it's being reported that Smart claims he was called a n****r.

That would certainly change things, if true. Where is this being reported?

Mark Rosen on Twitter just said that the N word was used

Seth Greenburg was on sportscenter and said the things players and coaches are called is completely reprehensible. It doesn't make a bit of difference what set him off that kind of reaction is inexcusable. I would think he'll be suspended for several games, at least, or dismissed from the team.

Suspended for a couple of games? Sure. Dismissed from team? No.

He barely touched the guy.

Mark Rosen on Twitter just said that the N word was used

If so, the fan should be banned from collegiate basketball games indefinitely. Absolutely no reason a grown man should be saying this to a college kid. Smart probably should have ignored the man and reported it to a coach or referee, but what would you do if you were 19-20 yrs old and some big dumb middle-aged man called you a n***** as you feel into the crowd?

If so, the fan should be banned from collegiate basketball games indefinitely. Absolutely no reason a grown man should be saying this to a college kid. Smart probably should have ignored the man and reported it to a coach or referee, but what would you do if you were 19-20 yrs old and some big dumb middle-aged man called you a n***** as you feel into the crowd?

+08

"Texas Tech's #1 fan."

How are those two related even in the slightest?

RT @GottliebShow: Jeff Orr to a #TexasTech friend of mine via text "I kinda let my mouth say something I shouldn't have,I feel bad" #MarcusSmart

Looks like fan admits to crossing the line

How are those two related even in the slightest?

Well, Tubby is the coach, and he still goes to the games. ;)

My point is that there if far too often a rush to judgement, as in this case, just because the altercation involved a black man and a white man. A little research in the past few minutes has uncovered multiple cases where Smart has lost his temper during a game. As reported earlier in this thread, he was T'd up for yelling at fans earlier in this game.

If he did, in fact, called Smart the "N" word, he probably deserved to get smacked, but so far there's no evidence to suggest that. The video I linked a few minutes ago certainly doesn't help make the case. Perhaps the fans around him will come forward and settle it. Someone had to have heard what was said.

Well, Tubby is the coach, and he still goes to the games. ;)

My point is that there if far too often a rush to judgement, as in this case, just because the altercation involved a black man and a white man. A little research in the past few minutes has uncovered multiple cases where Smart has lost his temper during a game. As reported earlier in this thread, he was T'd up for yelling at fans earlier in this game.

If he did, in fact, called Smart the "N" word, he probably deserved to get smacked, but so far there's no evidence to suggest that. The video I linked a few minutes ago certainly doesn't help make the case. Perhaps the fans around him will come forward and settle it. Someone had to have heard what was said.

I'm seeing a lot of reports saying he did, I'd say thats good evidence

I'm seeing a lot of reports saying he did, I'd say thats good evidence

Could be, but I'm trying to find a reliable source (not someone's Twitter account). I guess I'll have to wait until morning. No reliable media outlet is running with that just yet.

RT @GottliebShow: Jeff Orr to a #TexasTech friend of mine via text "I kinda let my mouth say something I shouldn't have,I feel bad" #MarcusSmart

Looks like fan admits to crossing the line

Doug Gottlieb ‏@GottliebShow 18m
"wasn't vulgar or the N Word" another text from Orr - #MarcusSmart

Middle-aged guy calls 18-20 year old kid the N word and we think that the 18-20 year old should show more restrained than the fan? That makes sense...the guy is lucky it was only a push and not a punch. Smart should get punished(nothing more than 1game suspension in my opinion), but I will be mad if texas tech doesn't some how punish their "#1 fan", is that really who you as an institution want to associate your fan base around?

Doug Gottlieb ‏@GottliebShow 18m
"wasn't vulgar or the N Word" another text from Orr - #MarcusSmart

not vulgar or the N word, yeah right, he just got mad at him out of everyone right, all for saying good game, and I'm sure he wasn't flipping off the a&m player, just stretching..

Top Bottom