Charles Buggs

howeda7

Reaction score
So Buggs got a few minutes tonight. Not enough to determine anything. But with the way we are getting killed on the boards, is there any reason not to use him for a few minutes? If we're not willing to ever play Mo and EE together, it may be the best option at times. Frankly, Oto has regressed, and I don't see how Buggs is a big step down. At least he brings some size.

If Oto (and King) continue to struggle I think we may see small spurts of Buggs and I'm all for it. Our 2-3 looks completely different with Buggs out there, he is almost 6'10 and probably has at least a 7'1 wingspan. He's also a high energy guy.

It definitely sparked the team, there seemed to be up tick in energy when Buggs came on, he seems like someone his teammates are pulling for

It definitely sparked the team, there seemed to be up tick in energy when Buggs came on, he seems like someone his teammates are pulling for

When did he come in? I was in and out all night, and didn't even know he played until I saw him in there on the highlight video.

He played in the first half we were down 11 when he came in, I think Pitino was looking for a spark

I mean......he only played two minutes in the game, but I didn't see him screw up. Played good defense, but his only stat was an assist. Now, since we are talking about the Oto/King rotation......yeah, I'd like to see a bit more of him. Why not? Neither King nor Oto jump out as clear-cut starters. Let's see Buggs out there. See how he handles a few more minutes before we determine anything else.

As outmatched as Oto and Joey are at times, got to believe Buggs would be out there a lot more if he would show anything in practice. Really a stretch to say he was a spark. He was a non-factor. They made several other runs when Buggs at his normal spot. Nothing against the guy, and I haven't given up on him, but the opportunity has been there.

Tough to say he was a spark, but he was definitely a factor. The back court was able to get him the ball in the center of the two three zone with relative ease compared to when undersized Oto was in there. I probably had my rose colored glasses on for Buggs though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitino was obviously pi$$ed at Mo and I think King for not grabbing a rebound that an IU player put back in. He quickly pulled both and put in Buggs & EE. I wish Buggs would get more PT.

So Buggs got a few minutes tonight. Not enough to determine anything. But with the way we are getting killed on the boards, is there any reason not to use him for a few minutes? If we're not willing to ever play Mo and EE together, it may be the best option at times. Frankly, Oto has regressed, and I don't see how Buggs is a big step down. At least he brings some size.

Thank you Coach Pitino.

As outmatched as Oto and Joey are at times, got to believe Buggs would be out there a lot more if he would show anything in practice. Really a stretch to say he was a spark. He was a non-factor. They made several other runs when Buggs at his normal spot. Nothing against the guy, and I haven't given up on him, but the opportunity has been there.

When I said spark I met the other guys on the floor started to play better, I think it was clear the message the Pitino was sending there, you don't put a guy in who never plays unless you're pissed at the guys you expect big things from

I don't think we should assume that Buggs will transfer, I know there has been some speculation on this board. He always has a smile on his face and seems to be engaged in the game from the bench. Last night I remember seeing him singing and dancing to the in arena music after a timeout and big run. I think Pitino has a plan for him. Wally on the other hand; I think he is as good as gone after the season. I wouldn't even be surprised if he had already told Pitino he wanted to transfer and they just haven't announced it yet.

I also believe that Buggs is only a redshirt freshman. He certainly has plenty of time to claim playing time in the coming years. Have to remember how some on the board basically wrote off Big Mo.

Here's a crazy prediction for you all: I could see Oto getting Mav treatment next year and Pitino going with a platoon of Martin, King, and Buggs at the PF spot.

Each of Martin, King, and Buggs would bring a different niche to the PF position. King and Oto are redundant and since King is younger and has obviously shown more than Oto lately (hence his new role as a starter), I could see Oto being a deep reserve.

I have been in favor of Buggs getting more PT since he hit an important jump shot against FSU. However, he was a non factor in his two minutes last night. He's one of these guys who looks like he should be a player but we are still waiting for some evidence.

If Buggs transforms into a Damian Johnson type, I would be thrilled. Damian played 10 mpg his freshman year and along with 1.6 ppg and 1.4 rpg.

I have been in favor of Buggs getting more PT since he hit an important jump shot against FSU. However, he was a non factor in his two minutes last night. He's one of these guys who looks like he should be a player but we are still waiting for some evidence.

Last night I saw him for the first time and I agree wholeheartedly. I thought he was skinny, but he did not look skinny to me. If the guy can learn to rebound, he would be solid big body in there. I just want him to succeed.

All we need from him is to be Miles Tarver. Rebound. Pass the ball. Only shoot if it's off of a rebound. Never dribble, etc.

Last night I saw him for the first time and I agree wholeheartedly. I thought he was skinny, but he did not look skinny to me. If the guy can learn to rebound, he would be solid big body in there. I just want him to succeed.

One of us needs to see an opthamologist. (Probably me, it's been a while.) We both want him to succeed but I thought he looked like an oversized junior high school kid against B1G players last night. He looked like he was thirty pounds away from getting a rebound in traffic in a B1G game.

One of us needs to see an opthamologist. (Probably me, it's been a while.) We both want him to succeed but I thought he looked like an oversized junior high school kid against B1G players last night. He looked like he was thirty pounds away from getting a rebound in traffic in a B1G game.

Banging inside isn't really his game (same goes for Oto and King for that matter). He is more of a SF in a PF's body. He didn't show much last night other than energy and the ability to avoid turning the ball over. His most impressive minutes of the season came against Florida State. He got about 5-6 minutes in that game and hit a nice jumper and played some solid D. His biggest asset right now would be his length and athleticism in the 2-3, which has been our main defense as of late. He is precisely the type of athlete you want if you are going to run a 2-3, just take a look at Syracuse's roster.

Banging inside isn't really his game (same goes for Oto and King for that matter). He is more of a SF in a PF's body. He didn't show much last night other than energy and the ability to avoid turning the ball over. His most impressive minutes of the season came against Florida State. He got about 5-6 minutes in that game and hit a nice jumper and played some solid D. His biggest asset right now would be his length and athleticism in the 2-3, which has been our main defense as of late. He is precisely the type of athlete you want if you are going to run a 2-3, just take a look at Syracuse's roster.

Your very first sentence says it all and is precisely WHY Buggs is not getting minutes now. They need a banger inside..a REAL PF and right now, B1G experience wise AND strength wise Joey and Oto fill that role, though neither is a B1G PF in ability.

We are sorely lacking a PF and it's been eluded to by people that know about that stuff than I do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Damion Johnson would be excellent example of what Buggs to aspire to be

They need a banger inside..a REAL PF and right now, B1G experience wise AND strength wise Joey and Oto fill that role, though neither is a B1G PF in ability.

Experience maybe, but I wouldn't consider Oto or King to be bangers, unless you mean that they get banged out of defensive rebound position to right beneath the basket on every missed free throw. Cheap-shots aside they have been very serviceable and have made a significant positive impact on several games.

We do need a PF, but right now I think that Oto's and king's best attribute is probably making fewer mistakes than Buggs in practice. Buggs at least has the length and athleticism to potentially disrupt on defense, but seems to be thinking about where he should be instead of reacting. In those games where both king and Oto struggle, I find myself wondering how poorly Buggs must play in practice to not have earned a chance.

Albeit King and Oto probably are not going to lose too many more minutes to Buggs this late in the season.

If Buggs became DJ he'd be a first round pick because he has much better size and athleticism. I'm just hoping he turns into a good combo forward off the bench.

Experience maybe, but I wouldn't consider Oto or King to be bangers, unless you mean that they get banged out of defensive rebound position to right beneath the basket on every missed free throw. Cheap-shots aside they have been very serviceable and have made a significant positive impact on several games.

We do need a PF, but right now I think that Oto's and king's best attribute is probably making fewer mistakes than Buggs in practice. Buggs at least has the length and athleticism to potentially disrupt on defense, but seems to be thinking about where he should be instead of reacting. In those games where both king and Oto struggle, I find myself wondering how poorly Buggs must play in practice to not have earned a chance.

Albeit King and Oto probably are not going to lose too many more minutes to Buggs this late in the season.

My point is Oto and Joey only beat out Buggs in experience. As I said, none of the are true PFs. ..which we sorely need. Mbakwe would have thrived in this.

My point is Oto and Joey only beat out Buggs in experience. As I said, none of the are true PFs. ..which we sorely need. Buckles would have thrived in this.

Fify

Was glad to see Buggs get in last night, just as reassurance that he isn't a lost cause, isn't being left behind. He has some physical attributes. Whether our not he made any plays, his entry into the game was when the game turned. It's when the team started scrapping and started guarding people.

Was glad to see Buggs get in last night, just as reassurance that he isn't a lost cause, isn't being left behind. He has some physical attributes. Whether our not he made any plays, his entry into the game was when the game turned. It's when the team started scrapping and started guarding people.
He had an assist

If Buggs had anything to offer at this time he would be playing.

Top Bottom