Pitino interview on Dan Dakich show

Good interview, but man, Dakich is a weird dude.

The year Blake hoffarber hit the game winner in the BIG tournament my friends and I walked into champs in Indy and Dakich was hammered. He took one look at my Gopher gear and slurred, f*** Minnesota. I believe that was the last BIG game he coached. They went on lose to Arkansas in the first round of the dance and his coaching career was over.

The year Blake hoffarber hit the game winner in the BIG tournament my friends and I walked into champs in Indy and Dakich was hammered. He took one look at my Gopher gear and slurred, f*** Minnesota. I believe that was the last BIG game he coached. They went on lose to Arkansas in the first round of the dance and his coaching career was over.

Good story. You know, I thought he was a decent coach, and I've been impressed with his analysis on TV, but maybe he just doesn't have the emotional stability a person needs to coach long term.

He's overboard for sure, but I actually like listening to him. Has good insight, especially into the B1G and doesn't hold too many punches.

He's overboard for sure, but I actually like listening to him. Has good insight, especially into the B1G and doesn't hold too many punches.

My only beef with Dan is he will CONSTANTLY call out "the media", hey Dan, you ARE the media! He seems to be in denial about that.

I do like that he shares his opinion no matter what it is and his dislike of Myron is fantastic.

Dakich is probably my least favorite college basketball color commentator. My two all-time favorites are Bill Walton and Steve Lavin. I'm hoping Lavin is fired from SJU so he can go back to calling B1G games for ESPN. He had a very subtle sense of humor that made me crack up all the time.

Dakich is probably my least favorite college basketball color commentator. My two all-time favorites are Bill Walton and Steve Lavin. I'm hoping Lavin is fired from SJU so he can go back to calling B1G games for ESPN. He had a very subtle sense of humor that made me crack up all the time.

I agree with Lavin. Walton? I know he gets all the good press, but I think a lot of people listen to him because he may say something outrageous. I like any guy that can give a player/coach perspective, but I don't know if Walton is that good.

I agree with Lavin. Walton? I know he gets all the good press, but I think a lot of people listen to him because he may say something outrageous. I like any guy that can give a player/coach perspective, but I don't know if Walton is that good.

Walton is an acquired taste.

Like Lavin and Walton, as well.

Shon Morris also among my favorites (I'll give him a pass the other night for saying EE wasn't hustling on a play, Morris was wrong there, EE had been knocked to the floor & was busting his butt to get back). Morris has knowledge of the game, like his dry sense of humor, most importantly doesn't take himself too seriously. Fran Fraschilla also is solid, substance over style. Jay Bilas used to be among my favorites, but he's gotten too full of himself (much like Doris Burke has) and has an answer for everything. Next time I hear him say "freakish athleticism" or "he's long and athletic" I'm going to hurl.

Walton is an acquired taste.

I like Walton, and he can go off the rails, which can be interesting. However, he clearly has smoked too much weed.

Lavin was pretty good.

I also like Dakich as an announcer. He's clearly an unstable/short fuse guy, but he's pretty knowledgeable about the Big Ten.

Shon Morris also among my favorites (I'll give him a pass the other night for saying EE wasn't hustling on a play, Morris was wrong there, EE had been knocked to the floor & was busting his butt to get back). Morris has knowledge of the game, like his dry sense of humor, most importantly doesn't take himself too seriously.

I agree with this. As for EE, this was another foul not called on Hammons. Hammons completely ran EE over right as the ball was going through the hoop. Sorry, but that's still a foul and should have been called. EE is a whiner, but, while he was whining (rightfully so), he was scrambling as fast as he could to get back up the floor on defense.

I agree with this. As for EE, this was another foul not called on Hammons. Hammons completely ran EE over right as the ball was going through the hoop. Sorry, but that's still a foul and should have been called. EE is a whiner, but, while he was whining (rightfully so), he was scrambling as fast as he could to get back up the floor on defense.

I'm convinced Hammons would gotten away with murder that night. Refs knew purdue would be screwed if he fouled out. So they gave him a ton of room for error.

Not sure how Dakich's show books guests (how far in advanced)...but, I think it's refreshing that Pitino came on a day after a loss while also riding a three game losing streak. Usually, coaches in general only come on after big wins or team is relatively riding a hot streak. Obviously, I'm not including the weekly/local shows that are affiliated within their contract with the school.

Loved Lavin. I can do without the Grateful Deadhead Walton.......to much wacky tobacky I think.

Not sure how Dakich's show books guests (how far in advanced)...but, I think it's refreshing that Pitino came on a day after a loss while also riding a three game losing streak. Usually, coaches in general only come on after big wins or team is relatively riding a hot streak. Obviously, I'm not including the weekly/local shows that are affiliated within their contract with the school.

May have been booked because of Minnesota's next opponent (i.e., Double-D is an I4 guy).

The announcers were horrible for that game. I don't pay attention to who's commentating, but I was so annoyed when they kept getting that wrong when EE was clearly knocked over and the play developed super quickly.

I'm always amazed by how little the BT announcers seem to know about the lower level teams in the conference. It just seems like they do very little homework.

Like Lavin and Walton, as well.

Shon Morris also among my favorites (I'll give him a pass the other night for saying EE wasn't hustling on a play, Morris was wrong there, EE had been knocked to the floor & was busting his butt to get back). Morris has knowledge of the game, like his dry sense of humor, most importantly doesn't take himself too seriously. Fran Fraschilla also is solid, substance over style. Jay Bilas used to be among my favorites, but he's gotten too full of himself (much like Doris Burke has) and has an answer for everything. Next time I hear him say "freakish athleticism" or "he's long and athletic" I'm going to hurl.

Agreed, I can't stand Dakich.

Top Bottom